VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to "Run what you Brung" today for my first every attempt at Drag racing, Its was good fun though the Que to race took over an Hour each time. I decided to do three runs as i didn't want to thrash my car too much by running all day. My brother came as well in his Quattroporte we managed to work it so we raced each other every time as he is also a first timer and we wanted to compete as brothers are prone to do.

What I have taken from today is I really need to get my Car Mapped because the Intake, Sport Cats and Resonated Jetex are doing bugger all extra and i also need to sack of the Resonated section because i cant even hear my car in the video! I thought it was loud before today maybe I'm just getting old
or perhaps it could also be because my Brothers car is much louder and drowns my poor little V6, His car does sound brilliant.

I have linked the three videos of our races below and i also recorded another R32oc Member on a run, the link for that race is below mine, his car sounds much better than mine! If the owner of that car wants me to take the video off Youtube i am happy to do so just let me know. I did come over to say hello when you were Queuing but your car was empty.

I saw a few R32's today and lots of other fantastic cars/vans as luckily there was a huge VW festival on at the same time.

Any way enough chat enjoy! The Results were a shock!

·
5,496 Posts
Cool you got some respectable times there.

What RPM did you launch your car at ? And what rpms did you change gear at?

·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I was happy with my results though i guess we all want to go a bit faster

I read a thread on here that 4,500 rpm is the best to launch at so i pretty much stuck to that, Though the first start was a bit slow as i didn't realize the lights would go green so quickly
I changed up just before the limiter in each gear not sure if that's the best method but it seemed to do ok.

·
3,242 Posts
Good launchs
Well controlled aswell,

How your clutch feeling now?
As i guess you were pinging it lol

Regards
Vrt

·
South East Organiser
6,824 Posts
Good work man, some good times there!

·
1,357 Posts
"Some kind of Seat" made the R driver look like he was busy texting on his phone at the start!

Good results vs Maserati

·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good launchs
Well controlled aswell,

How your clutch feeling now?
As i guess you were pinging it lol

Regards
Vrt
Clutch feels fine mate, I was a bit worried about putting to much strain on the car so i only did three runs but she seems to have held up perfectly.

·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"Some kind of Seat" made the R driver look like he was busy texting on his phone at the start!

Good results vs Maserati
I think he was giving the guy a head start, just like when i have a race with my daughter

·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks mate i will link this to my Brother, Can't hear my car on this video either

·
374 Posts
nice launch pal, its tricky getting a decent launch without frying the clutch, i launch at just over 3k because i cooked the clutch once at 4.5k and it slipped constantly after until i left it to cool lol. nice work

·
1,000 Posts

Good results vs Maserati
That is me and my mate in his Seat Ibiza Diesel. When I go to pod I don't go to race the person next to me, I race myself and try get better times and try different launch's. I did another run after that one and got a 14.6 but still didn't beat my 14.3 PB

·
1,357 Posts
That is me and my mate in his Seat Ibiza Diesel. When I go to pod I don't go to race the person next to me, I race myself and try get better times and try different launch's. I did another run after that one and got a 14.6 but still didn't beat my 14.3 PB
What kinda power is the diesel seat running?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts