VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have seen one on ebay, but a bit reluctant.

Mine has got scratched and seems to have lost a few cities lol

·
4,848 Posts
Id be tempted to polish up the one you have and make a back-up of that. Then just use the back-up. Keep the original safe (i never use the original sat-nav disks). I have a pioneer x3 but im sure somebody on here could send you a copy if you have no joy with yours?

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Try T-cut on the CD.

Sounds strange but i got this tip of some one who does cd's on the side and it works a treat.

·
1,957 Posts
Is this for the MFD2 or RNS510 units? I'm assuming MFD2 since the 510 wants to copy the maps to the HD but thought I'd ask as I have a spare DVD for the 510.

·
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be honest i dont know what the model name is. Its June 2007 registered with the big screen sat nav etc, doesnt have touch screen. Does that make it a a MFD2 or a 510 ?

Hate feeling so ignorant :frustrated: just checked in the handbook but its not much help.

Paul

·
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will give the T cut a go, but its got pretty badly scratched ( my own fault but I cant murder my brothers kid)

Paul

·
1,957 Posts
The touch screen model is the 510 like I have in mine. Sorry I can't help with a disc for your unit.

·
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update

just to say that the t-cut helped guys so thanks.

I did also buy a later version 4 disc on ebay for £44 , ( dealers quoted me over £200 !) which works great seems to have the newest roads on and has added the depleting line to the dash display which is really useful and u dont get this on V2 ( maybe some other changes but havnt noticed yet)

Paul

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Well done Paul, I knew T-cut would work as I used it on a cd once.

·
236 Posts
paulnutter said:
Update

just to say that the t-cut helped guys so thanks.

I did also buy a later version 4 disc on ebay for £44 , ( dealers quoted me over £200 !) which works great seems to have the newest roads on and has added the depleting line to the dash display which is really useful and u dont get this on V2 ( maybe some other changes but havnt noticed yet)

Paul
Any idea how new it is.

·
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts