VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GPS antenna finally arrived for my VW Sat Nav however it must be me but it doesn't fit or I have been sent the wrong one. Everywhere I look it says that the MFD sat nav uses an SMB connector so I got an antenna with an SMB connector and its doesn't fit. So before I throw the unit into a wall. What am I doing wrong lol, pics to show what I mean. Hopefully someone has the answer ......

I also had a GPS antenna with the unit but that is the same connection as the SMB that I purchased but I thought they sent me the wrong one so ordered another :wtf:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Don't worry, the GPS antenna you have is correct.

As you look at the back of the MFD unit, there should be a connector in the TOP LEFT CORNER with a black plastic lever over it. Rotate the lever through 90 degrees, plug in the GPS antenna then rotate the lever back to its original position to secure the connector.

·
4,328 Posts
Yeah that is the correcct receiver :) , you also dont have to have it sitting on the dash. If you take the trim off under the stearingwheel there is a big 3/4" steel pipe which runs across the front of the car and putting the receiver on this gets you amazing reception :)

Im this pic the bit antera was talking about is int eh top right becuase the unit has been taken out and turned 90 degrees clockwise and put down in its side :)

it has the black cable going to it with the black stopper which holds it itn.

The part you were trying to connect it to is actually the fm connector.

hth

andrew

·
3,732 Posts
antera309 said:
Don't worry, the GPS antenna you have is correct.

As you look at the back of the MFD unit, there should be a connector in the TOP LEFT CORNER with a black plastic lever over it. Rotate the lever through 90 degrees, plug in the GPS antenna then rotate the lever back to its original position to secure the connector.
:dito:

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys, makes me laugh I can fit the Milltek full system to the car no problem and take half a MK4 to bits in the process of doing it. But when it come to this I was like.......... What the hell is going on hahahaha

:withstupid::embarassed::embarassed:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts