VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been scammed on eBay and having to go to the police to retrieve my money.
Got details of someone from dagenham along with a telephone number that someone answered earlier and actually spoke but no answer now.

127 valence circus Dagenham rm8 3ls, 07973622816 nick grothier

- motor_madness123

So heads up anyone if your buying anything and you notice these details.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Someone's ebay account was hacked and used to list non existing items- mines being a pair of vxr recaro's.Only found out due to eBay sending me an email to say the account had been suspended and are in the process of handing the account back over to who it belongs too.
Not having much luck with eBay just now!
Awful lot of scammers out there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bank transfer but with my credit card, so have some sort of protection against fraud. Going to have to go to the police though and get a crime reference number etc, bloody nightmare.

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Sorry man, that sucks. A lot of people out there willing to scam others out of money. It gets to the point where people become paranoid. I hope you get your money back.

All the best

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Bank transfer but with my credit card, so have some sort of protection against fraud. Going to have to go to the police though and get a crime reference number etc, bloody nightmare.
I know Capital One have no issue in refunding and then chasing the others for it. Pretty sure you will get it back but the inconvenience is unreal

·
2,803 Posts
Good move using the credit card though

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Is that the scammers address or the poor sod who had his account hacked or neither?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really don't know if this is his address or not. I know the number is his as I phoned it and think I caught him off guard. Quizzed him on what was happening and he got all flustered and said he would phone back after saying the seats were on the way.

·
Registered
338 Posts
So.....
Someone lists some VXR seats on Ebay
You pay for them using a bank transfer
You dont recieve the seats so you contact Ebay
Ebay say the Ebay user has reported his account has been scammed
You call the seller who says the seats are on their way

If these are the facts, it appears the seller has tried it on, and that he did list the seats but wants the seats and cash. Cheeky Cnut.
I reckon you will get the seats if you keep on at him. He seems like an amature.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Been down to the police station as I got in contact with the bank, turns out ill need a crime reference number before the bank will do anything.
because the fraud was down in London ill need to get in contact with the police down there!?!
Looks like this is going to be a long drawn out process to get my money back

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
eric4mo said:
Been down to the police station as I got in contact with the bank, turns out ill need a crime reference number before the bank will do anything.
because the fraud was down in London ill need to get in contact with the police down there!?!
Looks like this is going to be a long drawn out process to get my money back
Don't take any shit from the bank. Tell them you want any fees or interest charges paid too

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
same thing happening on mk5golfgti site with same guy breaking an r32....
scum...
Really??
have they got any information on this person at all?
I've got an interview with the police tomorrow, hopefully get somewhere with them

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.