VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any opinions?

Seems pretty sweet for the price with speed and spec of one I found... I know the dash is a bit of a come down in quality, but is it really that big a deal? I used to hate the looks but looking at the 2008 Cupra I must say I'm pretty taken with it in white.

Just considering a second car in the family.

·
19,388 Posts
If you can live with the interior then they are a good buy.

I quite.like the exterior as long as it doesn't have the chavvy BTCC kit.

·
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks, yeah not liking the k1 kit at all.
Not seen the interior in the flesh but looks okay and seats look pretty sweet, I do wonder about head room tho, that's one of many things I love about the golf.

·
19,388 Posts
Don't think headroom would be any worse than the Golf and in fact might be more as it feels bigger in the inside. Go try one and see what you think.

·
1,927 Posts
Steering wheel is horrible, gear knob is a weird shape, the window line is too high, the dash is awful and, worst of all, the ride is spine shattering. Apart from that, they're alright!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Mate had one bother than being quick there nowt special imo. I think they only stand out WITH the btcc kit, without it jus look like a slow FR.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I like the look of the exterior in white with the K1 but other than that, everything else looks aweful IMO, and with less power and quality, i'll stick with an R

·
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys... it's only an option at the mo but must say, not rave reviews there
Personally I would love an S3 or even a Golf mk6 GTI but they are just so much money second hand which is why the Leon looks a good option... but as they old saying goes, pay peanuts...

·
Registered
0 Posts
It's still worth a look into more depth though fella, if we all agreed on something this planet would be boring (and no silly protesters to laugh at on the news) I must agree the S3 does look real nice, and i'm sure if i looked into the cupra a little more it would also appeal to me, i supposed it's because i've only had my R just over 1 year now and i'm still like a fat kid in a sweet shop....when i say like..i mean "i am the fat kid in the sweet shop" haha

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
dont get a white one with black wheels if you do, thats been overdone now and it grinds my gears everytime i see a new corsa in white with black wheels.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
dont get a white one with black wheels if you do, thats been overdone now and it grinds my gears everytime i see a new corsa in white with black wheels.
Not forgetting

Black corsa black wheels
Yellow corsa black wheels
Green corsa black wheels
Blue corsa black wheels
Silver corsa black wheels
Red corsa black wheels

·
19,388 Posts
Nothing wrong with black wheels:)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Not forgetting

Black corsa black wheels
Yellow corsa black wheels
Green corsa black wheels
Blue corsa black wheels
Silver corsa black wheels
Red corsa black wheels
True that. I feel sorry for anyone with a white vxr corse though, since the 1.2 looks identical. Ha.

·
19,388 Posts
True that. I feel sorry for anyone with a white vxr corse though, since the 1.2 looks identical. Ha.
Other than I've not seen many Corsa VXRs with.black wheels.

·
19,388 Posts
They dont have wheels in your neighborhood. I heard you only have black wheels because they are invisible to the neds in your hood?
As you know I've got a Corsa VXR in the family:)

The real reason I've got black wheels is so that I could get the piano black interior trim plus so I don't need to clean them.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
As you know I've got a Corsa VXR in the family:)

The real reason I've got black wheels is so that I could get the piano black interior trim plus so I don't need to clean them.
Your family members are omitted from the VXR abuse

Cant you get one without the other?!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts