VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Sorry to hear that you're selling up :( Any reasons why?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never thought I would say this but I might be selling mine too. Have asked for a figure from Awesome to return my R to standard. Or I might sell it in its current modded state. Have seen a car that I might swap mine for - will drive it soon :(

·
3,732 Posts
khutula said:
I never thought I would say this but I might be selling mine too. Have asked for a figure from Awesome to return my R to standard. Or I might sell it in its current modded state. Have seen a car that I might swap mine for - will drive it soon :(

·
1,184 Posts
No way! The R is a stunning car the STi just looks all wrong IMO. I'm gonna start a petition to stop you in your tracks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
S19 MYD said:
No way! The R is a stunning car the STi just looks all wrong IMO. I'm gonna start a petition to stop you in your tracks!
Bless - I will probably keep the R :D

·
3,732 Posts
underpowered, uninspired, looks hidden by spoilers using a working brand to sell an incarnation

the buzz would wear off, surprised me you chose that mate

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think its underpowered too - Prodrive version may be a better option.

Also looking at EVO X but now demostrators at mo.

The hatch is a really plus for me.

I am happy with my R its just that I can't take it any further with 'mods by stealth'. Its as modded as possible still keeping it N/A. I really fancy a new toy, whether it be a car or something else.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
Let's hope it's a something else :(

·
1,184 Posts
khutula said:
I really fancy a new toy, whether it be a car or something else.
Have you considered a mistress? :wink:

·
1,838 Posts
Cheap track weapon.Agree with the petition that interior is so low rent also these new ones are not that quick.Look like they have been driven through halfords window and attract all the wrong attention.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hmm

Drove an sti last week, a lot of fun but still the quality is way down the scale, more fun than the r32 I think personally, but you can't beat VW for reliability and quality. I did run an P1 for 9 months when they came out and it spent 2 months out of 9 in the garage getting HT leads and other daft things replaced.

Ideal world scenario as stated above would be to have as a weekend car / trackday weapon maybe :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
S19 MYD said:
Well your campaign didn't get too far - but I am keeping the R for a while - well at least for now :D

·
23 Posts
If a toy is all you want take a sugestion and just do like me, Quadracer 450, Road bicycle, Mountain Bike, Free-Ride mountain bike, etc. or maby a Ducati but the R32 is a classic and should never be on the chopping block unless the R36 comes out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.