VW Golf R32 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi guys,

After much thought I am leaning towards parting ways with my R32 to try something different. I have the car for about a year and originally I was planning on keeping it for a long time, address all issues and eventually boosting it. I knew it would take a while to do so therefore in the mean time I wanted to enjoy it being N/A and spent quite a bit of money on it (see below).

It's a 2008 MK5 Golf R32, 3 door, silver with 71000 miles on the clock. I'm the 6th owner and found the previous owner on the FB page but don't know about the previous ones. I would assume it has full-service history as there is a lot of paperwork that came with the car but more importantly major maintenance has been taken care of by me as you see below. I do have all the receipts for what you see below.

Being a 2008 model it has the electric sunroof, electric heated mirrors, heated front seats (unfortunately not the wingback ones) and rear parking sensors.

I have been in a car meet where a lot of people praised the car and a couple of other owners were surprised on how much faster it was compared to the stock ones (thanks to the mods and Vince's mapping)

I'd like to know where do I stand in pricing the car. I'm well aware of the fact that sometimes mods don't add up in the value of the car but I've also heard that a car is worth a price the buyer is willing to pay! I know that modding might not be everyone's cup of tea but the car drives with the exact same comfort mechanically as when it was stock. It is a bit bumpy due the coilovers/current height but I will raise the height a bit in order to feel less bumpy. I will also change the oil/filter and run a new MOT before listing it.

Performance mods:

1) Schrick 268 inlet / 264 outlet cams
2) ECS Tuning induction kit customised with a K&N inverted cone filter and sealed every section that hot air from the engine bay can get into the filter
3) Milltek manifolds, sports cats, and resonated cat back (lucifer resonated pipe)
4) 6 Speed Adjustable Short Shifter
5) Mishimoto aluminium radiator
6) Fluidampr crank pulley
7) Stealth Racing custom remap 287hp / 250lbft torque

Handling mods:

1) Haldex Gen 2 controller in sports mode (default mode. I think it splits 50-50)
2) SuperPro Alloy Wishbone front Kit with anti-lift
3) KW front and rear anti roll bars
4) Black alloy front upper suspension strut brace bar
5) Aluminium mid lower chassis support brace
6) Stance + ultra coilovers (car is lowered)
7) Powerflex Engine Mount Dogbone

Interior upgrades:

1) Sony ax5550d Android auto / Apple car play headunit
2) Golf R MK6 MFSW with all buttons working with the headunit

Maintenance:

1) Timing chains
2) Engine oil
3) Haldex oil
4) Stock flywheel and clutch
5) Genuine Coil packs
6) Genuine Spark plugs

Bad points:

1) MK5 well known rust
2) Light switch has a crack (very easy to replace)
3) One wheel has some scratches.

I'm hopping I haven't missed anything. I'll be honest and say that I had a few issues with the first garage that did the work initially but thanks to this forum and Vince at Stealth Racing everything has been sorted a while back now. Ideally, I'd like the car to go to an enthusiast who will take good care of it and appreciate the money spent and effort made by me.

Any advise on pricing is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
id say about 11-12k wld be fair with the mods as bet they cost a bit.

but u hit the nail on the head with the mods won't increase the value by much :-(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
id say about 11-12k wld be fair with the mods as bet they cost a bit.

but u hit the nail on the head with the mods won't increase the value by much :-(
Thanks mate. I don't know what people actually sell for but the asking prices I've seen online are very high sometimes on even higher millage cars. I was thinking something between 12-13k as a fair price but your thought is not far off which is good. I've got a friend of a friend who works in a used car dealer so I'll try to find how much they would put it up for sale if they were selling it just to have an idea as well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts