VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A service notification flagged up this morning on my Mk5 when I started up.

Said service within the next 900 miles or 17 days.

Would this have been programmed in by and engineer at a previous service or is it random?

The next 900 miles would only take the car to 33500, which seems too early for the recommended major at 40k, but kinda in no-man's land so far as regular schedules are concerned.

Any ideas anyone?

TTstu

·
19,388 Posts
It really depends on when the car was last serviced and what service regime it was put on.

If it is on time and distance it's 9,300 (15,000km) or 12 months, whichever comes first, between services.

Obviously if the car has done less than 10k miles in one or more12 month periods, it won't happen at 10k, 20k, 30k, 40 etc...

Longlife regime (variable) is up to a maximum of 18,600 miles (30,000km) or 24 months, whichever comes first.

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts
It will just be 10k or 12 x months since last service

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that guys, I guess its just about on a year. It was serviced in the latter half of last year, then I got it in the December.

Would it be worth doing the 40k service early then?

·
19,388 Posts
I would get the plugs done now but wait to nearer 40k for the haldex oil and filter and the DSG oil and filter (if your car is DSG).

No harm in doing it early if you wish.

Also check when brake fluid was last changed. If it's 24 months or longer I would get that changed too.

Reactions: Gazdub

·
1,435 Posts
To reset the display - with ignition switched off hold in button (00) - turn on ignition still holding in (00) - release (00) and within twenty seconds press the (M) button briefly for the clock.
The display will then return to normal after a short delay.
Then get it serviced when it suits you - do not be bullied by your car lol.

·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for that guys.
I think I may stagger the service by doing the plugs sooner Bob. Changed the engine oil last month and checked the brake pads. They still have about 8 months on them. If they last until the 40k I will get them done with the fluid / haldex and DSG service then. Probably be a winter service by that time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts