VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other week some silly woman reversed into my car, and i have literally just got it back from been fixed, i sit on the sofa see smoke thinking 'whose having a bon fire' when i realise its my car! After much swearing and after the smoke had dispersed my car will hardly start? Any ideas?:angry:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In a 4x4 as well, My poor car all i want to do is get back driving it again! They say things happen in 3's im wondering whats coming next!

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
Get an independent mechanic to come and look at it and assess what caused the fire. If it's related to the accident phone your insurance company asap and say that you've had someone assess it. They will still probably send out someone from their end to assess it but at least you'll have gotten somewhere. If the smoke is unrelated then unfortunately it's going to be classed as 'one of those things', but i wouldn't move it anywhere before you get it checked :)

·
842 Posts
where abouts did she hit the car?

sounds like she may hav caused a short (pretty big one if its smoking loads)...id check the alternator lead if she hit the front of your car

oh and obviously do what Jay has said!!! :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey on a serious note !!! Cooper......

DISCONNECT THE BATTERY....A.S.A.P

you might wanna do this before you've locked the car... because i don't know if the car has deadlocks or not !!!!....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts