VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was thinking of fitting a golf mk5 shark fin arial and was wondering if anyone has done this, and if any what wiring alterations needed doing
cheers gaz

·
4,328 Posts
When you mean the shark fin, do you mean the same as the audi tts etc?

If so i have done this, you can get it from your dealers, and a wiring adapter from ebay (germany), but i just got the antenna and a internal antenna for better reception.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea like tt's and new a4's think its for the satnav or phones, links for wiring adapotrs would be greatif you could get some ive got part no for arial off mk5 golf

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx for that think it will look great in blue to blend in with rest of car

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Think this is a cue for the Biali boys to step in.

At least one , maybe two have done this so they'd be able to help for sure.

Maybe DeckedR32 is one of them .

G

·
Dan32 has a Phaeton colour coded aerial on his - it suffers from poor reception, but it looks great.

I am sure he will be along in a while :151:

·
3,732 Posts
this is a mod i am keen on doing, was thinking along the volvo route but would be interested to read some of the replies of people who have fitted some. especially pictures :D

·
619 Posts
Does anyone have any pics of the shark fin aerial on R32??? :D. I'm very keen on doing it but have to see it first. Cheers :)

·
4,328 Posts
sorry guys, the car had to go back intot eh garage for a bit of tweeking and i didnt manage to get a pic of it. I should get it back tomorrow in which case ill get one then :)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just need to find that adapter somwhere as its not really that hard a job i dont think. will need to paint it body coloured though looks 10 times better, or paint in a gloss black

·
619 Posts
I just bought this for €74 all in

Looks good from the pic and should be straight swap.
When I get it I'll post few pics and it will go straight to be colour coded:elefant:
Will keep ya all posted :D

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im just looking for that adapter or is there some out there that have same connection as the original arial

1 - 20 of 73 Posts