VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting the new spoiler on it now fouls the arial when i lift the hatch so now have to have a serious think about shark fins style arials. its not really what i want......something that looks like a nuclear submarine floating on the roof.....but ive seen a design i like.

do they all work on the same principle, is it just a casing for a signal booster with an arial lead fed off to go to the head unit?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Very Cherry said:
After getting the new spoiler on it now fouls the arial when i lift the hatch so now have to have a serious think about shark fins style arials. its not really what i want......something that looks like a nuclear submarine floating on the roof.....but ive seen a design i like.

do they all work on the same principle, is it just a casing for a signal booster with an arial lead fed off to go to the head unit?
VC Dude,

yeah they pretty much all work the same, they use the roof of the car as the earth and then they can be powered witrh a switched 12v feed that amplifies the sxignal when on, but they do work wuite well without the feed. What've you seen big man?

Chris

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Mak,

just for that i promise not to crease your roof lining....cant guarantee i wont move your seat though!!!!!

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chorley Car Audio said:
VC Dude,

yeah they pretty much all work the same, they use the roof of the car as the earth and then they can be powered witrh a switched 12v feed that amplifies the sxignal when on, but they do work wuite well without the feed. What've you seen big man?

Chris
as spotted on my dads Volvo V50 estate:

less like a submarine than the VW one, not as odd as the bimmer one and not as cheesy looking as the ebay ones. not seen one on a golf yet either. already put in a call to the volvo parts department and just waiting a call back

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers for the phone chat chris nice one :)

i know what i have to do now, will show you it once ive got it on and finished, can colour code it with no loss of reception too so bonus points :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.