VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just throwing another one out there (Mainly because I do not see much under the MkV Section)

Has anyone installed the Shrick Cams and can explain what kind of difference it has made to their ride!!!

·
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found this in the search results you gave!

khutula said:
Sorry I didn't get chance to reply yesterday. In a nutshell the cams are probably the best mod I have done (and I have done a fair few). I have the Schrick 268s and they quote a 22 bhp hike for them They make the poeer delivery of the car very linear and they will puu virtually all the way to the end of the power band - around 7400 rpm. The remap that you choose and the future mods that you intend on getting or not as the case maybe would help you decide on the tuning house you use. I have an APS remap on mine and am extremely happy with it. I also have the Milltek manifolds and some tuners have issues with their maps and the manis. My car's power delivery is superb and it just pulls for fun. 4th gear is absolutely amazing.

As far as cost is concerned I paid £1500 for the cams, labour to fit them and a remap. Breaks down to £350 for remap, £700 odd for cams and about £500 to fit them.

Its an extremely complex mod to do, so if you are concidering doing chose the installer carefully.

I will go on further to add that I had done virtually everything else mod wise and keeping the .:R N/A as I could. I see you have a cat back and a Carbonio too, perhaps add the Milly cats too. Loads of things to spend your money on. I have pretty much spent up in that department.

HTH :D
http://r32oc.com/showthread.php?t=3241&highlight=cams

·
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess the next question I should ask is:

Do I have to buy the cams and do the remap at the same time or can I do the cams first and get the remap later???

G

·
vfreeze_31 said:
I guess the next question I should ask is:

Do I have to buy the cams and do the remap at the same time or can I do the cams first and get the remap later???
You'll need to get a remap to make up for the loss of low down torque.

·
2,808 Posts
And to increase the rev limiter too surely?

·
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
khutula said:
I thought it might be something like that. To get decent benefit out of it, you will need to do the remap!

But it could be done right???

khutula said:
Indeed but the poqer will start dropping away before you hit the rev limiter.
"poqer"???? :dontknow:

G

·
vfreeze_31 said:
I thought it might be something like that. To get decent benefit out of it, you will need to do the remap!

But it could be done right???

"poqer"???? :dontknow:
Oopps Power I meant.

·
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
khutula, you did yours on the MkIV right???

Has anyone got a story for how well they work on a MkV???

·
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool!

We will see what he has to say about them!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts