VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The OEM side light bulbs on the R32 glow with a yellow tinge which does not match the blue tinge of the HIDs too well.

In order to correct this issue, a common modification is to install super bright white LEDs from www.ultraleds.com or similar such retailer:

You are looking for BA9 bulbs to replace your existing bulbs, there are many different variations now listed on the www.ultraleds.com website. I know for a fact that the UBA91W (233) BA9 - 9mm BC One Led White Bulb works because I have them myself.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Thumbs up for me on the ultraleds.com bulbs, i've had two sets in different cars with no problems and a great xenon matching light.

·
387 Posts
am i being a dullard again (no comments pls!) i just bought 4 of these, went to install them and the bayonets on the VW bulbs are straight (ie. 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock) and the LED bayonets are offset (ie. 12 o'clock and 4 o'clock) :wtf:

i cut and paste the part number you posted - so i know i ordered the correct ones... how did you get yours to fit? or have i been sent the wrong ones..

cheers

·
387 Posts
i thought i was being cleverer see.. i read somewhere that they only last about 6 months, so i bought a couple of spares to save on shipping costs! :sheep:

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
the old ones used to only last a short time but these new ones are improved and should last ages.

Well worth it for the colour they produce, there near enough the same as the xenons

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The little nodules are offset, not straight on the correct LEDs for the MkIV R32.

Hope that helps.

·
387 Posts
fiddyp, you are quite right. i managed to prove my own point that i am in fact a bif.

i got it the wrong way round; the vw ones are offset, and the led's i was sent are straight.

either way - i've got the wrong ones and will talk to ultraleds to try and resolve... if theres a different part number for offset leds, i will post. :beer:

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DOH, Apologies. Does it therefore appear that the part number I posted above is incorrect?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts