VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
So it's been a year since I first purchased my R32. It's been a brilliant year of driving pleasure, but another year also means MOT, Service, Tax and Insurance are all due (yay!).

Booked my car in at VW Daybrook, Nottingham (who are one of the few decent dealers FYI, at least in my experience with warranty claims and other odd jobs I've needed doing) and dropped it off there this morning at 8am to have the first of my 2 year servicing plan and an MOT. 7 minutes later I get a call from them saying that there is no servicing plan tied to my vehicle.....well I know this isn't right because part of the deal was that VW Colechester (where I bought the car from) chucked in the 2 year servicing plan.

It seems there was a "clerical error" and it wasn't actually activated last October when I purchased the car. Unfortunatly this is just one of many issues I had with the overall deal at VW Colechester which doesn't fill me with confidence but have been told it should be sorted by 9am tomorrow morning.

Not really any point to this thread really, just annoyed that VW Colechester seem pretty incompetent, though kudos to the guy I spoke to today in the servicing department who was able to sort it all out for me. Anywho, here is a pic of my car to cheer me up lol

Attachments

·
Been That long I can not reMember
1,162 Posts
I'm gonna have a cheeky look at ur r tonight on way home
haha

·
1,162 Posts
Nah ofc not, just lemme know what they are like as thinking of taking my car there next year when my mot is up as only live like 1 minute drive up the road xD haha

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had a few bits of work done there in the past on the R32 and my previous passat with no problems. They've always been very good at contacting me and have looked after my car as far as I can tell. Starting to get to know they service guys so hoping discounts can be considered in the future lol

·
2,665 Posts
Im coming to then end of a pay monthly service plan. I rang VW to confirm id made the last payment. They confirmed this was the case. Ive got it booked in November for a the big one....major service, DSG, 4wd, MOT etc.

I then as a matter of housekeeping went through some old standing orders/DDs and cleared them down. This triggered a cancellation of my service plan even though id made all the payments. Crazy if you ask me. A follow up call seemed to sort it...and then a cheque arrived for the balance.

I think i have it sorted now. Obviously would be to my detriment to get a cheque as prices will have gone up and i negotiated discount.

Dont cancel your SO/DD even if youve made all payments! it will cause you hassle.

I like to cancel finished DDs etc so i can forget about unwanted over payments.

Ive never used daybrook although its nearer to me than Parkway Derby who i use. Might chat to them for a new service plan and compare.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well finally got it all sorted. Seems some sales bod down in Colechester didn't actually bother activating the servicing plan when I bought the car! A few phone calls later and VW UK said it should be active by 9am the next day (wednesday). I have to say I wasn't completely surprised when I got a call at 9:10 from VW Daybrook to say it wasn't showing still. Apparantly VW UK were having "technical issues" but got someone to approve the service eitherway.

Service all done and the car feels much smoother now (clearly needed an oil change!) and passed it's MOT with a couple of minor advisories about front brake wear and inner tyre wear on the fronts which I believe is pretty normal due to the camber on the R32? Really want to get some Continental Sports Contact 5's on it as I've not been too impressed with the Bridgestone Potenza RE060's currently on it so this is as good a reason as any to upgrade lol

As usual, decent service all round from VW Daybrook, plus at least one of the mechanics has worked on R32's in the past that I know of and seems fairly familiar with them

·
Special Member
434 Posts
Another Notts R32 owner :)... Nottingham VW in West Bridgford are very good too..glad you got it sorted pal

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are actually more than I realised in Notts lol I regularly see a MK4 on my way to work in the morning driving past the Capital FM Arena and have seen at least 3 MK5's around the Arnold area, not to mention the others often dotted around.

·
1,162 Posts
I'm in Arnold mk4 dpb 3 Dr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts