VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I guess its time to knuckle down and hold on....

Had a great offer last week on a new Z4M Coupe, brand new, unregistered, full spec, lists at £46,205,00 so imagine my suprise when I was told I could have it for £35k all in. Now for the problem, to px my beloved 6 month old 57 R32 DSG (full spec) I have been offered trade prices starting at..........wait for it....£16,500.00 - £19,000.00 ! Nice, only lost 8k in 6 months ! Apparantly, all the dealers have stopped buying stock and have closed their chequebooks (sensible if we're heading towards a recession I guess!)

The second problem was finance, even though the base rate is unchanged at 5%, I am getting quoted at 8.8% (this was 6.1% 3 months ago), so the damn thing would still end up costing over 42k ! I didn't really want to sell the Golf, its just this deal looked so good until all the factors were taken into account, I guess during a recession, the first thing to go is the metal on the driveway :dong:

Needless to say, I won't be giving the car away !

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Sounds like the dealers are not only keeping their cheque books closed but are also having to give away their stock!

Sign of the times indeed!

·
842 Posts
just shows that now is not the time to be selling really!

should have waited to buy mine now instead of earlier this year! lol

·
887 Posts
I'm trying to sell another car just now and no garages will take it and not had a single enquiry from PH or autotrader.

The depreciation on the MKV is brutal just now, hopefully it stabilises again once the hysteria has calmed down.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
595 Posts
The money supply has been turned off so people are not able to buy expensive things as easily any more. This plus our car-hating government's stance on VED means the R32 is not loved by anyone other than the hard core enthusiast. The same can be said for any other car in the £400+ tax bracket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts