VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about some site flyers , easy to make up on here then print off your own copy. Just i've seen a few R32's knocking about parked up and thought it may be a good idea ?
Just keep a couple in the boot, then slap them out (the flyer) and hopefully jobs a good un

·
1,432 Posts
Brilliant idea, there are a few Rs over here and I am positive most of them arent aware of the simple flapper mod and im sure if you own an R you dont mind creating a little more noise to show off the V6 power. So with that in mind if we had flyers I could slap one on their windscreen and they would visit the site and learn more about the flapper mod at the very least.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, we missed out on one at the weekend whilest out doing some photo's.

just seen a silver R parked down at the docks too.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
im out in spain at the moment, ill be back on Sunday and ill get some done and sorted out. Good idea :)

·
385 Posts
I will have some printed off have them to hand too. I only fell across the site by pure chance and it has been great already. Can someone explain the flap mod to me please?

Cheers troops!:)

·
385 Posts
cheers macdaddy,

one question - what are the consequences for not having the switch?

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
simply you cant turn the flapper on and off. The flapper mod makes the car louder below 30mph More like it should be, not chav loud.
Some people prefer the switch in America due to there tighter exhaust noise levels.
I've no probs with mine, it only makes it as loud as it gets over 30mph. try it and if you dont like it just revert it back. Guarentee you'll leave it tho.

Just make sure you plug the hose or it'll make the vacume pump work overtime.

·
385 Posts
Macdaddy.

I think I found it. is it a thin black tube that feeds up towards the boot? This one has a screw in the end of it, does this mean it has been done already if indeed this is the right one. Thanks in advance. TOTGT

·
385 Posts
yeah roger that, must have been done already then, good idea ref google map.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
as Wayne says, sounds like its been done. Just make sure the screw is cable tied in tight. that'll prevent vacum pump probs

·
385 Posts
cheers for your help mate, where are you from? I am in the North West at the moment, I work down south though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts