VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning VW's and Audi's for abut 15 years I decided to take the plunge and buy a Golf. Now this is not something that I would ever contemplate has i don't normally like the Golf's albeit it after the MK1 of course. Before the MK5 i had a A4 Avant which was my 1st sensible car. which I really like but after a year I hated it. So I needed something more exciting and actually more practical. The Audi isn't very spacious inside for the small family, so i went hunting for a MK6 GTi which I really liked the look of and was content with the performance out the box. Unfortunately I kept stretching my budget and starting getting to a position where i wouldn't be comfortable owning a MK6, although i had driven some and really wanted one by this time. Speaking to my uncle who owned a car garage basically advised me unless i step up a few more grand I would likely end up with a poor GTi and to consider a R32.

A week later, this happened

Than soon has i got it home i knew little things had to change, although im not the biggest fan of the MK5 Golf looks, i absolutely loved everything else about the Golf

yep these didnt fit too well. 19x9 et40. so needed to go back to the drawing board and get rid of these, shame as they were mint and new tyres. anyhow the next step was

and some lowering springs, which got the end result of

than just a bit of servicing and topping up fluids

so at this stage the car was lowered, new wheels and fully detailed but wasn't the cleanest of cars, it had a big dent on the roof but apart from that everything worked and gave it a good service and DSG, Haldex service

·
Banned
714 Posts
Than i found the dreaded rust the bottom on the sills and wings, after debating the ins and out with VW i thought stuff it and booked it in with a mate to get all the sills fixed and repainted along with the wings and get the roof sorted. which was done without any filler work and now i have probably one of the cleanest R32's out there

I did the wheels as part of a refurb, as they have excellent tyres on them but they were proper battered, so i refurbed them up and knew they were never going to get cleaned regularly as they're horrible and difficult to do. so decided on doing them gold to see how they would suit the car. Thing is now i really really like them. but they are only on till spring when the BBS will be going back on alongside some coilovers

Next on the list is a Lucifer Exhaust system until spring where more bits and bobs will start

·
Banned
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Apex mate. I know their not the brand to have on this forum but their great value for money till I get my KW coilovers. Really tight handling and great tide. Could be classed as a bit harsh but it's no different from any other lowered car.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.