VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas. Seems my shave cylinder is on the way out. The clutch peddle in the morning and after its stood for a while Is droopy. So I've had a quote from vw at almost a grand. Apparently it's a gear box out job so may as well have the clutch done at the same time. But it going to have to wait until October. I'm away on holiday at the end of September and need the car to drive to st Ives. From the Cotswolds. I'm wondering if I have vw change / top up the hydraulic oil it will buy me some time. And also what are the consiqences of driving it in this state ?? After I've been driving about 10 mind the peddle returns to normal. Obviously I mentioned the clutch. And was also wondering what my options are. Is OEM the best way forward or are there better options ? Cheers. Kev.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Replace the fluid and bleed the system, especially the clutch bleed nipple. I had a slow pedal return. Sometimes would only come back up about half way on gear changes. I changed the brake fluid and bled the brakes and clutch and everything is great now. Brakes feel better too.

·
2,204 Posts
Consequences are you'll have no clutch if the slave goes completely and you'll have to crash the gears in. At the very least get breakdown cover which includes recovery!

What are your chains showing on measuring blocks 208 and 209 in VCDS? Have you bought VCDS yet? If they're at -6 KW or higher, I would do those as well whilst the gearbox is off.

Clutch is quite dear from VW and most people also change the dual mass flywheel too whilst they're in there. ECP do the clutch and flywheel for about £500.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts