VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

I fitted my carbonio yesterday, no problems and it sounds great by the way!

My question is...the carbon fibre part has a long and a short end. Which end goes into the air flow meter, as I have seen pictures of installs some with the long end going into the air flow meter and some with the short end into the afm.

Which is correct as both ways seem to fit?

Cheers

Al

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i think its the long end goes into the maf sensor. i cut about and inch of that end to get it to fit perfectly. if its new its the end thats got the carbonio sticker on it.

·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the info, that's the way I installed it but then I saw a picture of one the opposite way round.

·
479 Posts
:011:i beg to differ i tired it both ways if you put the long end into MAF and have the short end running down the side of the wing you dont get the angle to go down behind the front grill it just dont look right.I ended up fitting the short end into the MAF it was the only way that mine seem to fit right i dont think it matters aslong everything looks in place and that its all tight.Must say seems a lot better on pick up but never again what a pain in the backside to fit how long did it take you to fit from start to finish? You have got me wondering now the question is does it matter what way round it goes

·
190 Posts
I fitted mine firstly in an hour or so, but it creaked when pulling away, and done my nut in, hardly noticeable but i knew it was there, so after removing it and the bumper and headlight and modifying the front panel where it creaked it took about 3 hours but it fitted right without any creaking, job well done.:coffee:

And my sticker was visible

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i took the carbonio sticker off. i fitted mine first at awesome at the rolling road day. but it wasnt the best fit, so next day i started again. cut a little bit off the maf end so the flexible pipe still had some flex in it. cut the bat cover in one little place so it fited perfectly. all sorted and looks nice and neat. probably would take about 2 hours from scratch if done carfully and neatly.

·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you lot refit the plastic surround that goes onto back of the headlight that the oem air duct slots into? I couldn't get mine to fit so I left it off...less weight!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
that the back cover with the bulb symbol on? or the black plasti thing with 3 rivets that needs to be removed to fit it and take about 1 hour to remove?

·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gazjones said:
that the back cover with the bulb symbol on? or the black plasti thing with 3 rivets that needs to be removed to fit it and take about 1 hour to remove?
The one with the secret 3rd rivet!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
no not put back on not needed anymore

·
479 Posts
nobody has answered my question yet does it matter what way the intake pipe goes seems to me its doing the same job either way?

·
3,732 Posts
its supposed to big long end to the maf. mine seated just fine that way round too, no clearance or seating issues and looks fine :fisheye:

·
479 Posts
you must of been one of the lucky ones mine was a right pain in the back side to fit.
seems to be fine a lot quicker on throttle response but have short end into M.A.F.?

G

·
Mine was a pain to fit too.... The horn was about 3 inches further to the left than the filter cone would allow and the nut for releasing the horn bracket was in a place less accessible than the everest summit....!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts