VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to use the mirror in the driver's size sun visor for the first time yesterday and got a bit of a shock as the glass was completely shattered! :angry:

I have no idea how long it has been like this, may have happened before I bought the car - not the first thing you think to check!

So has anyone had any experience of this?
Should be relatively simple to replace I guess? The only issue I have is that there must be some sort of wiring involved for the light to come on with the slider.
I reckon I might have to replace the whole thing rather than just the glass. Never done anything like this before - should be interesting! :dry:

Cheers,

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Oh, totally not what you'd expect!

Not sure if the glass will be replacable, might be worth seeing if a local breakers has any?

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah - that was my first port of call this morning - to check first choice spares. I have had quotes from 26 - 36 quid inc. delivery. Doesnt seem too bad to me but I have never replaced a sunvisor before so nothing to compare against!

Does anyone know how the electrics are connected? Can anyone tell I am a complete novice when it comes to these things! lol :)

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
You will need the full visor, Mak did this a few weeks ago and it cost him about 60-100 quid new.
Scrappys your best option as its the same mirror across the range.

Simple to replace tho as its just plugged in.

·
Admin
9,271 Posts
i just removed mine and took some pictures for you..It's very easy to do

First remove the cap covering the screw

Next remove the screw

Then pull the visor towards the seat .Do this carefully

It will look like this when you have it out.Tug very gently on the red and black wires to get the plug out.

The plug should be covered by a foam protective layer.

This just slides off to reveal the plug.

Just unplug this and plug the new one in and reverse this process to refit the visor.

Hope this helps.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Can't ask for a better guide than that!!!

·
1,184 Posts
How good is this place when you need a hand!

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bloody Hell Paulie - thats awesome! Thank you all so much. This place is quality! :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts