VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
macdaddys standard car except with carbonio? What is going on? Im not happy to say the least as steve will tell you, as he was grinning in the mirror :(

Anyone know why? Three things i am putting it down to.

#1 = maybe the milage, steves has just about 25k i think? and mine is just about to hit 90k :eek:

#2 = the neu speed is very old, and looks very dirty - could be bad air flow?

#3 = the apr is crap?

or #4 = other?

Steve has kindly offered to help clean the MAF and air filter, but i think the filter is beyond cleaning!

Are there any other things that could be causing hesitation/lack of power?

thanks!!

·
947 Posts
was your handbrake on?

sorry wayne

on a more positive note it might just be down to steves car being fresher

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
I reckon its either :

1- The filter cone is full of crap and needs a damn good clean (which it does cos i've seen it LOL)

2- The MAF is now faulty (Its done 80k or so)

The MAF is a really common fault for hesitation throughout the VAG range, I had one go on my old GTTDI and my old 1.8T works car, so i definately know what its like.

If we clean the MAF and see if that makes any difference, which sometimes it does temporarily.

I'll have a drive of yours tomorrow after work , i'll be able to tell you straight away if its the MAF

Best bet to clean the aircone too as it is completely full of crap which cant help.

I pulled away too easy for a standard car for it to be driver related, even in first it was obvious something was up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts