VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just interested really, getting fed up with my company (norwich Union Direct)... you get put on hold to india for 30mins just to try and speak to anyone! its not time for me to change yet but its approaching

so who are you all insured with, any recommendations?

i currently pay £420 fully comp with protected ncb, £60 screen excess and £250 claim excess

·
385 Posts
Mate I was with Norwich union for 4 years. When I got the .:R they quoted me 600ish so I decided to shop round. I went to moneysupermarket.com and got loads of quotes. I went with Bell who are part of Admiral, I pay 380quid fully comp. They have been brilliant, based in wales, answer calls quickly, friendly staff and all round good eggs!!

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
N.U.D. are driving me mad

i paid my policy in full when i took it out, last month for some unknown reason the charged my card £120!

so and hour long phone call got the cash back again. then i went into the bank and cancelled the DD which i hadnt authorised to begin with. then this morning i got a letter that said if i dont reactivate it i void my policy

after an arguement with them about how i'd paid for a years policy so holding my card details was unecessary..they informed me i had no choice. cue comments about being held to ransom etc

last year they took my money 30 days before it was due so i couldnt shop around for a new quote as they wont refund after 28 days (very sneaky). will be on the ball this time round though and get my quotes in 30 days before its due and cancel my DD at the same time

all hassle i dont want so a new company is called for

G

·
I am insured with Green Light and all my mods are insured like for like. Very very good company. None of the main stream insurers to my knowledge do this.

If you plan on modding your car bear in mind that your insurer might not like you modifying your car and you need to tell them as otherwise it could void your policy.

·
624 Posts
I'm with Greenlight also and they have my full mods listed. Called them when I added manifolds and remap and they said there was no increase in premium. Awesome!

G

·
Dan32 said:
I'm with Greenlight also and they have my full mods listed. Called them when I added manifolds and remap and they said there was no increase in premium. Awesome!
and that's exactly what I want from my insurer too, everytime I have called them they seem to know what each mod is. They also reply to e-mails very quickly too - top company :151:

Quote was very good too.

·
616 Posts
Dan32 said:
Cheers Dan, after reading this I gave Greenlight a call for a quote as Elephant wont insure me with the SC. I had got a good quote with A Flux but Greenlight just beat it!
£697 for 400bhp with mods and good trackday cover! I'm impressed! :151:

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i do intend on modding when the funds (and mrs) allow, eip cai, eip zorst and a remap. hadnt thought that far ahead tho...so just as well you mentioned it

will look them up on google, cheers

G

·
Very Cherry said:
i do intend on modding when the funds (and mrs) allow, eip cai, eip zorst and a remap. hadnt thought that far ahead tho...so just as well you mentioned it

will look them up on google, cheers
If you join uk-mkivs.net you will get a 10% discount withe Greenlight :151:

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
Must remember that in November when mines due...

I upgraded mine to the R as I have only had it a few weeks, but I did check I could have got £289 for the year fully comp. business class 1.

Helps being old, sometimes!!! :)

·
748 Posts
Tescos £1300 fully comp iam only 22 though. I got quoted off some company's £2500 up £4000 what a:2gunsfiring_v1: joke!

G

·
We paid around £550 I think, fully comp with Diamond! That's with both of us as named drivers, both of our points and 5 years no claims.

The joys of being female!! :151:

·
2,443 Posts
i had big problems trying to find any one who would cover me but in the end a company called sabre did. 3 years no clams bonus and 3 points £2811 and a few pennys lol yea thas write £2800 everyone says im mad but love the car so im really not bothered

·
286 Posts
Adrian flux always a safe bet for fast cars, high risk. Crap service, good prices.

·
624 Posts
And Greenlight offer trackday cover on an event basis, although not sure how much this will be - will find out soon as going to Mallory Park and then Cadwell Park for the VW Driver Days.

·
243 Posts
£600ish with Greenlight....

All mods declared
16k miles/year
11 years NCB
Protected NCB
Parked on drive
1 named driver

·
286 Posts
Bloody hell Mac, how old are you?? That's a good price! Modifications declared?? Job may help, hey?

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
I'm an old git at 29 thats why, And an advanced driver. Only mods are carbonio at the mo.

It was £20 dearer than i paid for my 1.8T so was a great excuse to change cars lol

:party:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts