VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great time with the R32, but the one downside I had was with the DSG. Anyone on here torn between DSG or manual, I would say go for the manual. Having a manual now, it's so much more fun and enjoyable to drive. Apart from that though, loved the R32. Now loving the TTS!

Attachments

·
19,388 Posts
Very nice TTS:)

Lovely colour, don't see too many that colour.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice mate
. Been thinking about chopping to R in for an S3. Anyone know if the tts and the s3 have the same engine? Pretty easily tuned I've read.

·
19,388 Posts
Nice mate
. Been thinking about chopping to R in for an S3. Anyone know if the tts and the s3 have the same engine? Pretty easily tuned I've read.
The Golf MK6 R, S3 and TTS share the same engine with an output of 272PS

·
Registered
135 Posts
Isn't it similar engine in the leon k1 and ed30 golf Aswel? (Sorry about all the questions and hijacking the thread!)

·
19,388 Posts
Isn't it similar engine in the leon k1 and ed30 golf Aswel? (Sorry about all the questions and hijacking the thread!)
Yes, same engine as ED30 (230bhp),MK2 Leon Cupra (240bhp), MK2 Leon Cupra R (265bhp), Scirocco R (265bhp). They are all the older EA113 cambelt driven engine.

·
Registered
977 Posts
The Golf MK6 R, S3 and TTS share the same engine with an output of 272PS
had a play with a red 2008 cabriolet the other day, couldnt shake it at all, similarly he couldnt really get past....but just checked the figures, on paper it destroys the r

·
Senior Citizen
2,624 Posts
haha sorry, it is a very rare occurrence that you are corrected, is the mk6 R and the mk 5 edition 30 the same engine then or is it the same as the edition 35 ?

·
19,388 Posts
haha sorry, it is a very rare occurrence that you are corrected, is the mk6 R and the mk 5 edition 30 the same engine then or is it the same as the edition 35 ?
Yes, the MK6 R and the MK 5 ED30 use the same engine, the belt driven EA113

The MK6 ED35 uses the later EA888 chain driven engine, of which a higher power variant is used in the new S3 (296bhp)and will soon appear in the MK7. R

1 - 16 of 16 Posts