VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2,204 Posts
For sale: Techtonics exhaust for MK4 R32

Purchased from Schimmel Performance in July of this year. Plus the import and VAT duties, it wasn't a cheap venture! I've had Techtonics in the past and the quality and ease of fitment, noise, tip alignment etc have always been top notch and this R32 system is no exception.

http://www.spturbo.com/onlinestore/index.php/volkswagen/mk4-99-05/r32-3-2l/exhaust/tt-r32-mk4-stainless-exhaust-system.html

I can't verify the claimed 10hp increase but it certainly feels livlier, especially past 4500rpm.

Amazing quality and world renowned Borla mufflers. Loads better than the Millteks I've seen.

Tips are the same size as stock.

Reason for sale is it's too noisy for me. I'm not a young man anymore

I'd put the noise level somewhere between the Milltek res and non-res but imo it sounds better than either.

Price: I'm not looking to get back anywhere near what I paid for it, such is the way with mods, but I think £350 collected from Essex or £380 posted is fair given it's only 2 months old and a premium system

·
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Christmas bump. Give your MK4 a nice present

Take a festive discount of £340 posted or £300 collected too

The drone levels are about the same as the standard system but the popular raspiness is a lot louder than standard.

I'm kind of tempted to keep it now I have the 264/260 techtonics cams to match, but if someone fancies it, it's yours. There aren't many of these on UK Rs, if any. It's a popular exhaust in America.

·
8 Posts
Hi, I saw this advert back in August and can't believe it hasn't sold yet.
Just been on YouTube to listen to the exhaust sound and wow it sounds great, one of my favourites.
I am very interested but will have to wait until after Christmas now:(
If it is still for sale in the new year please let me know.

Thanks

·
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's because it hasn't got a Milltek badge on it

No worries mate. I can't see it shifting quickly, so feel free to drop me a PM after xmas

·
11 Posts
hi fella ive just brought a r32 and im interested in exhaust as far as I no my standard exhaust is in good con how much p/ex would you offer

·
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Decent standards fetch £150 - £200 usually, so I'd be looking for £150 part ex if it's a good un!

MK4 systems all rot in the same place - the pipe junction where the flap pipe joins the main pipe. Have a good prod with a screwdriver on the pipes next to the welds. I've had a few where the screwdriver went right through the pipe but lookec fine visually!

I'm based in Essex. They're easy to fit so I can do a swap over in my garage.

·
11 Posts
hi Im based in Maidstone so not to far I pick up the car on so ill check it out and let you no is there a thread on you tube so I can hear it for myself im running standard at the moment

·
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK. There's another guy interested so you're on second dibs

Yeah do a search for r32 techtonics and you'll find a clip of standard vs techtonics

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
This is a very good well made exhaust which i am surprised somebody hasn`t snapped up as at a bargain price as well.

·
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers! Have you seen it around Colchester? There aren't many with Ocean rear lights around these parts

Thanks Lucifer. My thoughts too but it is Christmas I suppose. Reduced budgets etc. It certainly is really well made. Exhausts are their specialty! They make good cams too

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello mate iam interested in your exhaust. i have a standard exhaust in very good condition its done very low miles, if its still for sale i can drive up and do the swap, (its still on the car). iam in gillingham kent so not to far. please let me know cheers ned

·
Slow Member
1,373 Posts
Corrado if you just want a nicer noise I'd say get someone to remove a ress from standard exhaust. Will sound nice, not very loud or drive at all I would imagine.

If you go down that route let me know as I have a guy that works in Friday woods in Colchester that does all my exhaust and my bros work in exhausts.

Jor

1 - 18 of 18 Posts