VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few of mine, tried to get a more industrial kinda setting with the rubbish around and some with the nicer tree's as a background. My mate was all over the places taking photos, and these are just a few out of 160+!

Car still only has 7,600 on the clock as I have an old MK3 Golf TDI which I do most of my routine driving in as a lot of it is narrow and rubbish roads.

Jap import, so has a couple of differences, including standard tints and 'fasten seatbelt' warning and dong, which amuses me!:bird:

·
544 Posts
i nearly bought this car from awesome gti when they got it but was having too much fun in my leon cupra r at the time :driver:. nice car and welcome to the site

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MATR32 said:
i nearly bought this car from awesome gti when they got it but was having too much fun in my leon cupra r at the time :driver:. nice car and welcome to the site
Yer it's a well known one, thats for sure! You get people saying 'ahhhh, I looked at that one!'

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
Hard to beat the look of a clean black R, nice motor!

·
1,084 Posts
Hi Graham,

Looks very sweet.

How much do you reckon you saved on the price by buying an import?

Is it standard?

I'm just waiting for delivery of my black 5door, which I will be bringing back to the UK with me in 2010.

Cheers,

James

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tokyo Dub said:
Hi Graham,

Looks very sweet.

How much do you reckon you saved on the price by buying an import?

Is it standard?

I'm just waiting for delivery of my black 5door, which I will be bringing back to the UK with me in 2010.

Cheers,

James
Hi James,

I didn't import it, Awesome GTI did. I simply bought it from them. It had 1000 miles on the clock and I bought it for £15995.

Was a bit of a risk, but paid off in the end. Only problem I had with it is the speed sensor went haywire, told me I was doing 120mph when I was sat still, so you'd get over fueling, mileage increasing, handbrake on warning etc. Driving it when the speedo is all over the place is extremely difficult! The speed changes how the car reacts in so many ways! That was replaced under VW warranty.

The main difference with it being a jap import as far as I can tell is the fasten seatbelt warning and 6 dong's.

This is what I get....don't think UK specs do?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aerial?! Dunno! Just one which came with the car when I bought it, is it different?

khutula, yep, you were correct :)

·
1,084 Posts
Graham,

I realised it was from Awesome, what I meant was, how much cheaper than a UK spec car (same age/mileage etc) was it?

You must have saved over 2grand eh?

Sounds like a bit of a bargain with only 1000miles on the clock.

How does insurance compare to a non-imported R?

Good news that the original 3 year warranty was still valid!

:argh: Sorry for all the Q's!

It looks soooo sweet man!

J.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glasses valued it at 19.5k at the time with 10,000 miles on the clock. So based on that, 3.5k!

Insurance is the same as a non imported. The only issue I get is they always state it's a 2006 car, so have to correct that. On the V5, it's 2004, but was imported 2006, so thats where it's picking it up from.

My 3 year warranty was not valid as this car was stripped by thieves in Japan. (3 year warranty would have finished last month anyway)....but anything put back to standard over here by VW was warranted (such as speedo, and any other conversions). Awesome put it all back together again when they imported it (seats, wheels, xenons, dash etc). Never actually hit Japanese Roads as this was done with the keys in the VW pound I believe. I do have all the original keys (including red one) etc. It's not on any CAT registers!

Only thing that made it a risk, and why it was cheaper is the fact that it had only been drove 1000 miles in 2 years, but it's been fine. Also I have no stamps in the book etc, as it never got an owner, but do have all the original VW Japanese Certs etc and paperwork (in japanese so can't read it!!), then the SVA certificates etc.

Only thing I don't have is the Bora vents. Awesome must have replaced these with Standards, but do have everything else.

As you can see....vents aint right...if you can spot anything else, bonus points! I could deal with standard vents for the saving though!

·
1,084 Posts
Spotted the difference!

You can't get Dr. Pepper over here!

If you have any specific Q's about parts of the Japanese documents I may be able to help you out.
(I'm not offering a full translation service though! - because I would need to ask a friend).

Cheers for comprehensive answer.

J.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tokyo Dub said:
Spotted the difference!

You can't get Dr. Pepper over here!

If you have any specific Q's about parts of the Japanese documents I may be able to help you out.
(I'm not offering a full translation service though! - because I would need to ask a friend).

Cheers for comprehensive answer.

J.
Thanks, can make out most of the stuff with the pictures. A lot of it is the pre-checks. So you can see pictures of brakes, tyres etc. Just theres a certificate (looks like) of something all in japanese.

Translation service is fine, but wouldnt even know how to type it into the computer!!

·
3,732 Posts
Graham said:
And blackgrape juice! I'm gonna have to text an american now to find out!
some uk supermarkets sell this now, dont get purple grape... thats rank stuff, in the uk go for welchs black grape (morrisons do it)

its just awesome stuff, my second favourite taste in the world after cherry :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts