VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) creaking from rear springs
2) poping/creaking from offside top mount
3) unexplained tapping coming from under the front (this is the worst one, it's making me very angry)

When all these noises are happening at the same time I want set my car on fire

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ARB bushes changed last week so I know they are ok..

Exhust could be touching but I gave it good prod yesterday and it didn't seem like it was catching, and heatshields are fine

·
624 Posts
I have a sound from front right of the car that sound like a M14 bolt that is hanging loose in a thread or fishing line inside my right side door and touch the inside of the door every now an then. Like a loud metal to metal sound.

Only thing it is NOT anything loose inside my door. I even heard it once when car was stationary and I had started to jack it up on exactly front right side. And just like you I want to soak the interior with 100 octane petrol and set fire to the thing in such moment!

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Soo annoying when don't know what it is

I'm beginning to think the creaking rear is bust springs?

·
196 Posts
1) creaking from rear springs
2) poping/creaking from offside top mount
3) unexplained tapping coming from under the front (this is the worst one, it's making me very angry)

When all these noises are happening at the same time I want set my car on fire
Hd the first two on mine and I sorted it with ease mate

First one- remover and fitted new anti roll bar bushes and took springs of gave a good clean and the chassis cups then put cooper slip on the cups and reseated them and has all good

Also check the exhaust bracket mount as that can go wrong as well

With the second- if you search there is loads on noisy top mounts and I changed them twice and in the end I solved it by buying a set of uprated red top mounts from PSI, also there is a aluminium spacer located on the suspension leg, that gets dirty and seizes causing a nasty noise, they are a couple of pound from the stealers.

PSI top mounts. . 40.00
Aluminium spacers. 10.00 max (can't remember )
Polished top mount tops 15.00 eBay

I hope this helps

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hd the first two on mine and I sorted it with ease mate

First one- remover and fitted new anti roll bar bushes and took springs of gave a good clean and the chassis cups then put cooper slip on the cups and reseated them and has all good

Also check the exhaust bracket mount as that can go wrong as well

With the second- if you search there is loads on noisy top mounts and I changed them twice and in the end I solved it by buying a set of uprated red top mounts from PSI, also there is a aluminium spacer located on the suspension leg, that gets dirty and seizes causing a nasty noise, they are a couple of pound from the stealers.

PSI top mounts. . 40.00
Aluminium spacers. 10.00 max (can't remember )
Polished top mount tops 15.00 eBay

I hope this helps
Cheers buddy that's some good info

·
19,389 Posts
I have a sound from front right of the car that sound like a M14 bolt that is hanging loose in a thread or fishing line inside my right side door and touch the inside of the door every now an then. Like a loud metal to metal sound.

Only thing it is NOT anything loose inside my door. I even heard it once when car was stationary and I had started to jack it up on exactly front right side. And just like you I want to soak the interior with 100 octane petrol and set fire to the thing in such moment!
Had that exact same symptom twice on my Dad's Polo, both times broken front spring.

·
624 Posts
Had that exact same symptom twice on my Dad's Polo, both times broken front spring.
Good info. But I've got KW V3's, and inspected them when changed to summer wheels. It is something in the middle on right side...in the structure...inside somewhere the sun never shines me thinks.

·
19,389 Posts
Good info. But I've got KW V3's, and inspected them when changed to summer wheels. It is something in the middle on right side...in the structure...inside somewhere the sun never shines me thinks.
I agree, unlikely with KW V3s, but in my Dad's case it wasn't easy to see as it was right at the end of the spring.

Reactions: Sabaselfsit
1 - 17 of 17 Posts