VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had any experience with Spec Clutches?? Farmer told me about them and im looking at this clutch to go with turbo conversion:

http://www.specclutc...ch-p-21425.html

Its a twin plate clutch suitable for race, fast street, time attack & rally applications. Its also rated to 800nm.

Price is £1203.19 Delivered from Backdraft Motorsport in Milton Keynes

Any opinions??

Cheers
Ben

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
Spec have a terrible reputation with turbo r32 cars.

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking on getting it but its only rated to 440 ft/lbs/600nm and that's no good for me, I need a clutch with minimum 500 ft/lbs/670nm.

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going for 500bhp with around 650nm, which is 480 ft/lbs. And I don't want a clutch that's on it's limits with torque, plus I will most probably so engine work later on and then have slightly more power etc....

·
Registered
138 Posts
I haven't turbo'ed mine yet, so can't answer if it holds the rated tq. But i have installed a Spec Stage 3+ with steel fw, because i want to go FI, and i have had no problems at all. I use it daily, and its not hard to drive.
This is the clutch I have on order based on HPA recommendation - No failures reported from HPA on any of their cars and that's good enough for me

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
This is the clutch I have on order based on HPA recommendation - No failures reported from HPA on any of their cars and that's good enough for me
Well HPA are liars then as that is the clutch which came with my Blackjack kit and lasted a few months plus i know of others.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have a cm fx450 for sale

·
685 Posts
@ 420bhp and 360lbft low boost so just shy of 500Nm,

Had a whole heap of CM stage 4`s before that that were just utter garbage. Got sick of pulling the gearbox so ditched the useless CM and got the Spec 3+ and it worked for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts