VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the point in having a sneaky bastard camera van in a layby on a quiet A road in the middle of the day hidden around a corner?

just got rid of my six points

·
1,184 Posts
Cheeky b*******s. There are so many schools and nurseries without a camera in sight, but yet they love to sit on long, smooth, quiet roads. Clearly protecting the next generation..................................................................................................

of squirrels. ? ;)

·
196 Posts
Get a Road Angel Plus I have picked up two mobiles and and unmarked Bizzie in two weeks before I saw any of them. Works through the UV winscreen of the MkV too

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
was being held up by a chavved up 106 for ages, when he eventually pulled in, i obviously sped up, was doing about 82-85 in a 70

·
1,184 Posts
aaahh the chavs, bet his fake intake vents give a straight pipe through to a massive exhaust which is purely for show....its so the squirrels can run straight through, and that is why they don't get done for speeding, on the basis of conservation issues. w*****s!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i normally remember where the local ones are, if i only had a gun or maybe a rocket launcher

·
1,184 Posts
They will be hiding in ice cream trucks next like the french gendarms...!

·
4,328 Posts
Bloody hell i would def be contesting it as well as asking for proof of calibration, person trained to use equipment etc etc.

·
616 Posts
jackie said:
You can negotiate with the taliban!!!!! not the poilce
LOL, I hope you all get it sorted with no points added to your licences. I've been lucky over the past few years and they have all been wiped off (touches wood). Most of these vans are money generators, nothing to do with dangerous roads.

·
267 Posts
Cotters ,

you are not alone , i'm waiting to see if i was caught doing around 56 on local dual carrageway ( 50mph)

you never know what these vans are set at , i have been told 10%+1 so that would make it 56 mph , but who knows .......

fecking barstools ..........

·
3,732 Posts
they have to calibrate the equipment before they use it and then when they finish using it. if they miss one of these calibrations then your points wont stand, but its rare for them to miss them :(

the local police tend to sit in slip roads round here, but i wish they would haunt the schools, my kids school is next to a road thats used by commuters in major hurries and its lethal in the morning...dispite speed cushions.... cos the school mums in their 4x4s can just fly over them whilst screaming at their kids and talking on the phone and not looking at the road

·
1,184 Posts
Sounds familiar VC! Never seen one anywhere near my school morning or afternoon and the parents are nutters, never mind the commuters. Nearly been run over several times out on duty, and usually by the tired parents who are rushing to get to the benefits office, then back to bed...!

·
1,184 Posts
Yeah mate-are you............. secondary/primary?

·
748 Posts
You can buy laser/radar jammers. They do work very well, a friend of mine did one as his Uni project highly illegal mind but if the government gets there way to will things like road angels etc soon.

Certainly worth considering buying in this day and age.

·
3,732 Posts
dont radar jammers fall under the 'perverting the course of justice' rule? i read on the fifth gear website a while ago about a bloke getting busted for having one and claiming it was a garage door opener and they nailed him for it.

the mrs is thinking of getting me a road angel for xmas, still not sure

·
27 Posts
If she is set on getting you a Road Angel, drop hints about the Compact. AFAIK it is the only one with the mobile camera site database.

Unless you have a "garage door opener" fitted you won't be able to speed past a talivan because all laser guns already have taken a reading by the time the warning has gone off & you have slowed down!!

Heard good things about the Pogo as well.

·
3,732 Posts
i already have a satnav with the fixed camera positions on it with audio and visual warnings, thats why im not sure wether i need/want one, plus it will clutter the dash.

the guy that installed my dvd had an S3 with a rechargable angel so that there were no permanent mounts in the car but even then he didnt really rate its performance or battery life.

basically what im getting at is that she could do better spending her money on something else, i need 4 new tyres so i cant get a milly at the moment, maybe i could convince her to get me that........although doubtful. ive managed to have a clean licience since i passed my test and that was 17 years ago!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts