VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got flashed again by a speed camera....fook

I was doing 37/38 in a 30, but i really did think the road was a 40... It was a two lane main road!

God i'm soooo pissed off.

Anyone know who to dodge the points ;)

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
645 Posts
yo find a polish person.They only have eu license. say they was driving they only get a fine not points . you pay fine bung them 50 they love it . i know some one who did it. laws may have changed but not sure. i would like to say i wud never do this

·
405 Posts
u can try over paying, but if you do this u wll admit to driving the car in the process,

Points go through after the finance is settled

If you write a check for say £78.25 pence instead of £60 they then send u a check back,

do NOT cash the check!!! and the points will not go onto the liscense.

i've seen this work about 6 mnths ago.

but if u really wanna be safe id take take it on the chin and accept it, if you let someone take the points its very risky as sometimes they ask for proof that the other driver was insured to drive the car on the day of the offence,

uh o poor mr polski!!!!

p.s get urself a road angel they work a treat!!!

G

·
Over paying doesn't work anymore - there was an article in What Car recently answered all common question re: speed cameras, and it said it didn't work.

·
1,184 Posts
Which road Guy? Was it local to us as I may need to be more prudent too!

·
405 Posts
ahhh shame that, i'd jst take the hit, unless ur gonna loose ur license?

·
Registered
222 Posts
im happy,, no dot system here in Sweden =) i haf allot of fun driving past cameras this summer in the uk, think i got flashed sometime in Belgium too =)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Skee said:
im happy,, no dot system here in Sweden =) i haf allot of fun driving past cameras this summer in the uk, think i got flashed sometime in Belgium too =)
Got flashed at 120mph on a deserted motorway in northern France a couple of years ago in my old SAAB 900 turbo. They had concealed grey cameras in the central reservation at the time, I'd been flashed before I even saw the beastly thing.

I was really worried, but at the time the French and UK systems weren't linked up, I think it is due to change this year with France, there is already an understanding with Germany I believe.

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi S19 MYD it was Huddersfield RD going out of Halifax towards Siddal. I drive the fooking rd every day, but i had to rush home one lunch and totally forgot it was a 30... Thing is i can't understand why it a 30 its two lanes very wide no schools around! The road was dead too.

Wish the over paying worked i would have given that a shot.

Guy

·
1,184 Posts
Yeah mate they only put those in over xmas. Careful going out of Halifax centre up towards Tesco as they dropped a couple in there over xmas too the bar stewards!

·
405 Posts
I seriously recomend gettin a road angel then, its not gonna stop u frm being cought nor is it likely to warn u in time for a laser but as u can see it can save u some points, i drive all over th uk everyday and won't leave home without it.

No drive = No job

·
572 Posts
I've got a Roadpilot Microgo. Saved me a load of points in Wakefield last year.

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Hi All

I have a Road Pilot Micro,

It helps to stick to the speed limit,lol.

LaserPilotmicro is RoadPilot's most discreet GPS speed warning system. Like all RoadPilot products it uses the latest GPS technology and comes ready loaded with RoadPilot's industry standard database of speed camera locations and accident black spots. It also comes with RoadPilot's new LaserPilot - to detect hand-held speed detection devices (SDD).

A hard-wire installation is recommended for a neat and tidy install. The LaserPilot can also be fitted externally to maximise its performance.

When approaching a safety camera a visual and audible warning is given

At the same time, the display indicates the permitted speed AND your actual speed. It also indicates how close you are to the camera.

Visual and audible alarms are given in respect of mobile lasers.

micro Warns you of the following
Gatso
Specs
Truvelo
TSS/DS2
Trafipax
Hand held laser guns
Mobile Detectors
Accident blackspots
Congestion Charges
Tolls

micro has inbuilt intelligence - it's directional i.e. it won't warn you of speed cameras that are on the other side of the road. It's also speed sensitive. Unlike other speed detection devices, the micro will only advise you to slow down and flash an alert if you are travelling above the speed limit, otherwise you will simply hear a simple beep.

http://www.roadpilot.com/Micro.asp

·
Premium Member
7,998 Posts
Hi Guy,
Notice for Intended Prosecution (speeding ticket) has to be dealt with within a certain time by law, if I remember correctly its about 2-3 weeks from time of the offence. If this time has lapsed and you dont receive anything in the post, I'm sure you might be lucky and can get off on this technicalitiy but knowing this government even that may have changed? Lets hope the camera has no film in it? :unsure:

I know this may not be of any comfort but I got captured doing 37mph (in a 30) last year and I just took it on chin to save the hassle. Now I also have a road angel to keep an eye on those 'government revenue generating machines!' :angry:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts