VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got pulled over just over a week ago and was issued a ticket for speeding. They told me I would receive a letter in the post within 2 weeks explaining to me how I go about paying for it. £100 fine and 3 points on my license. Now I've read the letter and immediately noticed that they have put the reg of my car incorrectly. The first letter is wrong, I've heard various rumours from people in the past that you can contest any incorrect paperwork and they drop the fine and points against you. Is this true? I already have 3 points so if I can avoid getting the points on this one it would be really helpful. I haven't dealt with the law much tbh so I don't know what I'm allowed to do/say etc.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
You got caught just pay it. They will shaft you somewhere else. Take it on the chin bud :-(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tbh payin it doesn't bother me. It's just the 3 points I want to avoid, i got caught beginning of the year doing 90 on a 70 an since then I have been careful sticking to limits Etc. i just happened to et caught in a 20 on this occasion driving somewhere I never been thinking I was on a 30
I don't wanna go up to 6 points on my license lol

·
3,242 Posts
SimpleSimon said:
I got pulled over just over a week ago and was issued a ticket for speeding. They told me I would receive a letter in the post within 2 weeks explaining to me how I go about paying for it. £100 fine and 3 points on my license. Now I've read the letter and immediately noticed that they have put the reg of my car incorrectly. The first letter is wrong, I've heard various rumours from people in the past that you can contest any incorrect paperwork and they drop the fine and points against you. Is this true? I already have 3 points so if I can avoid getting the points on this one it would be really helpful. I haven't dealt with the law much tbh so I don't know what I'm allowed to do/say etc.
If its incorrect on the paperwork No case,
But you have to be 100% the plate is wrong they have put dwn
and have no admitted to anything atall when they questioned you.
Best thing to do
Is speak to a Road Traffic Lawyer

I got a produce in 7days slip at your local police station(horty)
They officer put the wrong colour down therefore made invalid,
But i never admitted to anything

Regards
Vrt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a little yellow receipt that the officer gave me when I was pulled over. The details are all correct on that, I can't remember if I had to sign anything or not on there I will have to check tomorrow, but the letter I received in the post has the wrong reg on it. It's only one letter wrong though, for example my reg could be a123456 and they have put h123456 on the letter.

·
3,242 Posts
SimpleSimon said:
I got a little yellow receipt that the officer gave me when I was pulled over. The details are all correct on that, I can't remember if I had to sign anything or not on there I will have to check tomorrow, but the letter I received in the post has the wrong reg on it. It's only one letter wrong though, for example my reg could be a123456 and they have put h123456 on the letter.
Did you admit to it when officer pulled you?

Regards
Vrt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably. I couldn't really argue if they clocked me, it was a big sting, they didn't even ask me to get out the car an he told me to keep my engine running, they had several officers there an one guy on camera an was pulling people in continue sly. He said I was speeding I said sorry I thought it was a thirty and that was about it lol

·
3,242 Posts
SimpleSimon said:
Probably. I couldn't really argue if they clocked me, it was a big sting, they didn't even ask me to get out the car an he told me to keep my engine running, they had several officers there an one guy on camera an was pulling people in continue sly. He said I was speeding I said sorry I thought it was a thirty and that was about it lol
Wait till the paper work comes in
Goes see a traffic lawyer.
He/she will clear it up for you easily.
I do not want to say one thing when its the other and there the camera in it aswell.
See a road traffic lawyer.
But you could get away wif it

Regards
Vrt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do I see a road traffic lawyer lol? I have had the letter through, I think that's the only thing I get. It tells me ways I can pay the fine?

·
3,242 Posts
SimpleSimon said:
How do I see a road traffic lawyer lol? I have had the letter through, I think that's the only thing I get. It tells me ways I can pay the fine?
Has the letter said anything about court?
Google Road traffic Lawyer Near (whichever city you stay in)
FOR EXAMPLE ROAD TRAFFIC LAWYER MANCHESTER

Go vist them face to face, And ask for their advice.
Take all the documents you have
IE:
1)ORINGAL Speeding Ticket
2)This Letter that came through your door
3)Remember what you have said to the office and if you signed

Get all this dun wif-in 28days limits tho
There so many loops holes its unreal, you just need to go to a guy who kno's what loop hole you need.

Regards
Vrt

·
Registered
449 Posts
Sorry mate don't think you have a leg to stand on with this. Plate written down wrong, but still you spoken to speeding etc etc.

·
Registered
619 Posts
As the above comments state, go and see a road traffic lawyer. He should be able to write you a letter saying you own no such car as detailed on the ticket, therefore the ticket does not apply to you.

Usually they don't have the time or resources to sort out an appeal where the paperwork is wrong so they will drop it.

·
Senior Citizen
2,624 Posts
Unfortunately the most important part of this is the original slip the prosecuting officer gave you, if he had incorrectly marked your number plate down then you have a case. The subsequent letter you had through the post is admin generated, if the original slip is correct I believe you now have 6 points bud😞 sorrto hear as it is easy when you are in a strange area and not familiar with local conditions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers for help guys. I did sign the little yellow slip so I will probably just pay it, not worth the hassle of court etc Cus I was actually caught speeding lol I wouldn't lie about it, I just heard people in the past say you can get out of it if there's mistakes in the letter or paperwork. My original receipt of the slop( yellow slip) is all filled in correctly lol I don't mind payin the fine I just want to avoid the points if possible, I might give them a call about doing the course so I can avoid another 3 points. I don't see why they dish out points as a matter of fact when caught. Especially 3!! You could easily lose your license just going on a long trip away somewhere an not knowing the roads properly lol

Maybe it's just me been thick haha!!
Cheers for the help and comments guys, I will update whether I'm able to get on the course as they are only open on the phone something silly like 10-3 lol!

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
I got caught 6 days ago,
in a 60! For the course do you pay the fine and exchange the points for a day on the speed awareness course?

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Tell them you were drunk and didn't know what you were signing...

·
Admin
9,271 Posts
I got caught 6 days ago,
in a 60! For the course do you pay the fine and exchange the points for a day on the speed awareness course?
It depends on the speed limit and how far your over on getting offered a course......they don't do they at all in Scotland

1 - 20 of 29 Posts