VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so the R is in for its MOT next week which means the decat is coming off and standard cats back on, While the decat is off I was considering getting some hi flow cats welded in so the car is legal.... if I decide to do it what should I go for?? Any good brands... 100 or 200 cell.... ceramic etc?

Give me some advice

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
Stainless steel, metallic and 200 cell. 100 cell cats cost a lot more then 200 cell plus can be hard to pass an MOT on if not warmed up. You will need an offset cat to be a direct fit to a MK4 pipe. As STEFF kindly mentioned i have a 200 cell cat pipe for sale at the moment for £250.
http://www.r32oc.com/topic/51681-mk4-200-cell-sport-cat-pipe/

·
1,066 Posts
Lucifer has 200 cell sports cats for sale, I run miltek sports cats and it goes through the MOT no problems.
Hi Steff I have sports cats on mine, not sure if 100 or 200 cell. I struggle to get it to pass the emissions test on the MOT unless I get them nice and warm first. Luckily for me I have a sympathetic tester who lets me have the last MOT slot for that day and he will not rev the car, as he should during the test.

Alan

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive got the standard cats sitting in the garage for MOT time, I was just wondering if it's worth the hassle to weld hi flow cats into my decat while its off the car, sometimes feel a little bad about running a decat (environment and all that)

G

·
Ive got the standard cats sitting in the garage for MOT time, I was just wondering if it's worth the hassle to weld hi flow cats into my decat while its off the car, sometimes feel a little bad about running a decat (environment and all that)
Lifes too short...

·
19,389 Posts
Lifes too short...
That's because of people running decats......only kidding:)

I agree, bigger things to worry about with regards to the environment than a few cars running decats.

People will look back in a few hundred years and laugh at us for falling for all this environmental guff.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
cuprabob said:
That's because of people running decats......only kidding:)

I agree, bigger things to worry about with regards to the environment than a few cars running decats.

People will look back in a few hundred years and laugh at us for falling for all this environmental guff.
Very good point

Mine just passes with decat

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts