VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Members,
Im looking to do a purchase at the end of this month, As I know a few of you are using the H&R Springs and Eibach.
Not really going for the Coilover set up, just going for springs and shocks.

Can you give me a rough idea on the ride quality feel, as im deciding what to get..
I will be buying new VW dampers to go with.

Ive had Weitic on my cars before, to me they were fab as was comfortable and not hard, compared to many that ive used throughout the years.

Thank you all.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
I know you said that you don't want coil overs but dazr32 is selling some cheap and with fitting being easier than springs over all may be more economical

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks MIQ for the heads up on that.
Am i right in saying that i need adjustable drop links too if i was to upgrade to Coilovers than Shocks & Springs?
Btw, what make are they??

Cheers.
Mj

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
No you don't need them, total waste of money, time and effort, I have had mine on Ap with the rear adjuster removed for about 4 years, with standard everything else. Dazs are ap as well, just one thing if you do fit them don't add the rear blue adjuster ring as it does not let you go much lower than 25mm, check out my built thread for full info (somewhere in there)

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
MJVR6 said:
MIQ, after seeing your build thread I maybe in 2 minds...
do it

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I bought my car with fairly new oem shocks and h&r springs and I wouldn't do the same again. You need to match springs with the right shocks or you might end up with a crap crashy ride. Coil overs are much easier to fit and obviously adjust to how you want

·
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought my car with fairly new oem shocks and h&r springs and I wouldn't do the same again. You need to match springs with the right shocks or you might end up with a crap crashy ride. Coil overs are much easier to fit and obviously adjust to how you want
Morning VeeDubulya,
Thanks for the input dude.
Ive had some mix reviews from a few friends stating not to go for H&R.
Apparently its way too hard.
Ive had Eibach Springs before when I had owned an E30Sport, Standard shocks and Springs. That was comfy no probs.
And after seeing MIQ's stance, lets just say Hmmmmm... LoL.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
MJVR6 said:
Morning VeeDubulya, Thanks for the input dude. Ive had some mix reviews from a few friends stating not to go for H&R. Apparently its way too hard. Ive had Eibach Springs before when I had owned an E30Sport, Standard shocks and Springs. That was comfy no probs. And after seeing MIQ's stance, lets just say Hmmmmm... LoL.
plus if you get springs you will always be thinking wish I bought them cheap coil overs and I had stance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.