VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well aftrer having my stage 1 supercharger for 6 months now its time to get stage 2 fitted next week, and i cant wait to feel the difference.thats the main reason i went for stage 1 only to start with so i can judge and feel wot a gain you get.plus something to look forward to seeing as they have stopped stage 3+4.

have been having dreams of seeing that front mount intercooler popping out the bumper!!hahaha.

also getting porche big brake upgrade and race file to have option of 400bhp.trying to source an oem spring belt tensioner to go on at the same time for no belt slip!!

my wallet will be a bit lighter but well worth it as this will then be how i am leaving the car and i dont need to do anything else!!my dream car!!!cant wait to pick it up!!

will let you all know how i get on when its picked up and had a tank of fuel used up!!wwwhhhoooo :driver:

·
375 Posts
Congratulations your going to love it mate
did you go for the older alluminium type intercooler pipes
they also look the biz if you want no grills or vented anyhow well done
keep us posted

·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey asm.i didnt even know you could get the aluminum ones!!!bastard!!!i so would have got them if i knew!!have you got the old ones??

how you getting on with yours?any problems??:beer:

·
375 Posts
yes you need to request them when ordering up,
i liked the look of the alluminium ones, grills need a bit more work but nevertheless
fit.
im taking my grills off as it looks better anyhow mines running abit behind
raj is picking my car up before end of month to have brakes,clutch,haldex peloquin diff
schrick cams lightweight lowercrank & power steering pulley racefile then a custom code
& like you im not doing anymore the r is a moneypit

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Have you any photos ?

Has your insurance shot up due to the upgrade and who are you insured with ?

Sounds like Greenlight is best for modding. (Think I will get a quote from them)

·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jim is fitting stage 2 for me and im getting the other work done else where.

im with greenlight aswell and am currently paying a very reasonable £600 with all mods!!no other companys would touch me!!

iv got photos of stage 1 but ill get more when stage 2 is up and running!!:tongue::xD

·
3,137 Posts
andy, that sounds fantastic. Did Jim @ Star fit your stage 1? Did you source the kit yourself or all done through them?

sorry for all the questions:blushed:

·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah jim fitted stage 1 for me!!top job to.

he only supplys and fits so its all done through him.i just provide the cash!!hahaha:crying:

·
3,137 Posts
andy, it's gonna be sweet, you lucky git:tongue:

·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah well i hope so,its cost enough!hahaha.

getting all this out my system before i buy a house coz defo wont be able to afford it then!!

have you had work done by jim before??

·
3,137 Posts
no but I was at a RR day there a few years ago, he had a SC sitting on the shelf that someone dropped out of nuying and he was trying to persuade me. The car wasn't that old then so I declined. Sometimes I wish I had taken it though

·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i was all set to go pick the car up tomorrow after getting the upgrade done but just had a call to say they finished it all then put it on the rr and it was making less bhp than stage 1?????!!!!it was losing boost,only 4.8psi,so knew something wasnt right!!!!they then realized that vf had sent the wrong pulley and belt for the upgrade!!ahahahahahaha.jim is so pissed off coz if he had just let the car go without rr it then i would have had a slower car than before!!!!!

and im pissed cos i cant go pick it up and have some fun yet untill they send the right pulley and belt out!!not a good start to the weekend!!!!:angry::(:crying:

·
3,137 Posts
andyr32 said:
well i was all set to go pick the car up tomorrow after getting the upgrade done but just had a call to say they finished it all then put it on the rr and it was making less bhp than stage 1?????!!!!it was losing boost,only 4.8psi,so knew something wasnt right!!!!they then realized that vf had sent the wrong pulley and belt for the upgrade!!ahahahahahaha.jim is so pissed off coz if he had just let the car go without rr it then i would have had a slower car than before!!!!!

and im pissed cos i cant go pick it up and have some fun yet untill they send the right pulley and belt out!!not a good start to the weekend!!!!:angry::(:crying:
bit of a nighmare andy, you must be champing at the bit.

·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well at last after 2 weeks without my beast i am finally going to pick it up tomoz!!!wwwwwhhhhoooooooo.cant wait to see the difference with stage 1!!

it made 365bhp on the RR so pretty chuffed with that!!!!

just want to see that intercooler popping out and looking at me when i get there!!!!hahahahaha:xD:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts