VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at getting some BBS CH Rep's for the car (MK5), but they are only available in Staggered fitment where I am getting them.

Specs are:

18x8 Front ET 42
18x9 Rear ET 45

What do people think? Im thinking they will look good, subtle bit of stretch on the rear with my 225/40/18 tyres, but jsut wondered if any MK5 owners had any pics out there of a staggered set up in them sizes?

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
As long as you run tyres the same it will be ok. They need a wee stretch too.

Did you consider 5x100 with adaptors? To keep all 4 the same, they are around 350 a set

·
Registered
363 Posts
Not considered that mate tbh, just thought would be easier to go straight for the right size. Can get them for £420, plus £20 for BBS Caps, and then i'll p[ay to have the tyres swapped as I will only scratch them at work!!

Also what are peoples experiences with spigot rings?

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
AaronMc said:
Not considered that mate tbh, just thought would be easier to go straight for the right size. Can get them for £420, plus £20 for BBS Caps, and then i'll p[ay to have the tyres swapped as I will only scratch them at work!!

Also what are peoples experiences with spigot rings?
Do you need spigots? They should be 57.1 if they are made for the golf? Or are they for jap?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are for VAG/Audi, and audis are 66.1 CB, whereas Golfs are 57.1.. He suppies spigot rings, bolts etc all for the price of the wheels just wondered if people had wheel wobbles probs with them, as ive never run them before.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
You will get wheel wobble without them. You need them for sure. Buy a spare set of eBay for a few quid because when people change tyres or stick spacers on they are easily lost

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He is supplying them for me, wouldnt run them without no way, just wondered if i'd still get a bit of wobble at high speeds..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts