VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Done a search but with no conclusive results, any idea of which paint (hopefully in a spray can) will best match the stock alloy colour n my Mk5 R32?

Ozza

·
1,060 Posts
I believe the wheels are powder coated and you can't replicate it! I took my MK4 Aristos to VW dealership and they couldn't do it. They did have go and sprayed them with Audi silver bodywork paint!!wtf! They went off to a powdercoat place and they did them in Moondust Silver -this was the nearest to original I could find.
Don't know about the Mk5 - different finish
Same question about OEM MK4 Aristo´s color..... I am planning to refurb them, what would be the color code?
I suspect

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used this on my BBS for a temporary repair and it looks pretty good once you feather in the edges http://www.amazon.co...18&sr=8-3-fkmr0
Interesting thanks,

I'm trialing this on the Astra spare wheel first to see if I like the colour (after clear coat etc). If not I'll try the Wurth stuff.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Simoniz-Wheel-Spray-Paint-500ml/dp/B003VJB2EU/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

Don't suppose anyone knows where to get the 65mm R Line centre caps from? Ebay seems to be full of 55mm ones (for the Mk4 I suppose?)

·
21 Posts
Well I have finished respraying my alloys and I'm very pleased with the results,

Took my time to get them right and they're all good expect for one spoke on one wheel. Will go back to that sometime in thew future.

And it only cost £45 in paint etc.

Not sure how they'll last, will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Okay, I'm just here to update any of these query posts I find.... It's been said between Brilliant Chrome Silver, Brilliant Metallic Silver and Diamond Silver etc

The real one is Diamond Silver - DIAMANTSILBER in German, paint code is L97A and was used on 1991 Golfs etc. It is a metallic ICI paint and was layered over WHITE PRIMER

After trying many paints myself next to the originally painted rims on my car through threads I had been reading upon, and ECS tuning selling rims, product code ending in 8Z8, revised from 88Z. They were said to be different shades. However, I found the shades stated in these forums etc and none were a match, I think this was like the 12th colour to come home to me.... Mainly because the owner of the shop wouldn't listen to me, his cockiness was the "Ooooh, I know what it will be, I'll tell you what it will be!!!!" - Much like the alloy refurbish shops that say they will colour match........ With their OWN SILVER. My middle finger up to you good sir's :)

So yeah, 9 attempts later, he suuure told me "what it WILL be" :wacko:

Back to it, pictures don't really do justice because I sanded my corroding alloy and covered it as a cheeky temporary repair and you can see the outline of the paint I laid over

post-39986-0-29971800-1485197148_thumb.j

post-39986-0-72951700-1485197187_thumb.j

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.