VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
if it has the 3 mini iso's its possible to connect an external amp to it buy buying an amp pre out which has mini iso end then goes into 2 sets of rca's and had remote lead coming. cost about 15 quid

·
4,328 Posts
i know the mk4 can do it as i have an external amp :

which is a JL Audio 250/1 running a JL Audio 10w3, and a JL Audio 300/4 running 2 sets of JL Audio ZR650s all off the OEM Navi.

·
4,328 Posts
the iso is a sqaure yellow connector which is the middle of of the three next to the blue and green ones, and i have a spare if you want to buy it :)

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Heres a pic of it.
Cheers antera309 have ordered 1

Loving the system pomme, just to confirm (lol) thats all off the standard sat nav head unit.

·
4,328 Posts
That connector does look very very nice, more functions then the one i have :(

Yeah its all run off the standard head unit, ie sat nav, which from the looks of your pics is the same.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
thats the connector ive got one out of old car and think im going to keep it for when i want bit more base and sounds from the car

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Pomme,

I've got a 4 channel amp and a sub which i want to run off my sat-nav unit, i take it that adaptor even tho its 6 channle would do the job ?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
with that adaptor you can run 3 amps off it ie 3 rca leads going direct to each amp. a 4 channel amp will run 4 speakrs its not what goes into the amp. but the lead wil do the job you just wont use 2 sets of rca's outputs on the lead.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Ta gaz,
But by all accounts if i want to run a sub too, i'll have to use two channels fro front speakers and the other two to bridge for the sub ? At least this is what i've been told.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
you going to run standard speakers off the 4 channel then a sub off another?

·
4,328 Posts
as gaz has said it all really depends on how you want ti to sound. I have one sub to run the 4 speakers and 4 tweeters and one to run the sub. Which i think would be the best way to go, and in each case both connectors would work, but i would get the one gaz posted on ebay :)

·
4,328 Posts
yeah ten i would get the lead daz said, and if you want to have better sound out the speakers in the future you can then easily wire them up :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
macdaddy said:
Pomme,

I've got a 4 channel amp and a sub which i want to run off my sat-nav unit, i take it that adaptor even tho its 6 channle would do the job ?
The kit I provided the link to takes feeds for channels 5 & 6 from the speaker connector by the looks of things. I wouldn't bother connecting these up. Just go with the 4 channels that come off the yellow multiplug. If you need to add a second amp later on, you can just use the RCA pass-through outputs on your existing 4 channel amp to provide the signal for it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts