VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about a month ago i got some kw v2's fit to the car and me being in a silly rush to get them fit i forgot to measure the standard height on my mk4 r32.

can someone please measure from the centre of there wheels to the edge of the arch for me? really want to know how much lower i am at the front and at the rear

thanks. rob

G

·
I don't have a tape measure with me at the mo and its chucking it down!!

One thing to consider though is to lower the rear by 5mm more than the front to level the car out.

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
back up with this guys. can someone pretty please measure from the centre of there wheel to the edge of the arch front and rear for me please. now ive got winter wheels back on want to make it handle as well as possible :)

thanks. rob

·
1,432 Posts
Sorry cant help with the question at-hand but I would suggest you get a Dieselgeek skid plate if youre concerned about hitting the sump anymore.

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers cherry. im actually wanting to eperti ment with different ride heights to see which handle best. will put up my results when done. want to compare to standard ride height aswell though

G

·
My front and rear are the same ride height - I measured to the inside of the arch and they were 32.5 cm. Handles perfectly on V3s.

G

·
rob_watti said:
for better handling shouldnt the front be slightly lower than the rear though?
I did have the front set lower - but it was grounding everywhere - have a look here.

Looks perfect now - and handles well.

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
just measured. 33 front 31.5 rear. no the rear is only lower because i raised the front at the weekend. just waiting for my kw tie bars to come before i raise the rear. ive heard that a sump off an audi 3.2 v6 is shallower than the r32 one and also baffled ;)

i look into it more

1 - 20 of 20 Posts