VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Senior Citizen
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello People
I have today swapped both rear springs on my car, It was sitting slightly higher on one side, I measured it again after I had changed them and took it for a drive to settle it down and it is still 10mm higher on the passenger side rear than the drivers side rear, anyone else had this problem ? I am now thinking shocks, although I thought it was the springs that settled the car

·
Registered
259 Posts
Could be worn bushes or a crappy shock or lots of things
Where are you measuring from? Floor or centre of wheel? Just saying it could be a flat tyre? (Just trying to rule out the obvious)
Jack it up and see if the trailing arm bushes are is a decent state
Golfs have a tenancy to kill them

·
Registered
533 Posts
If you measure from floor to arches for example you could have slight different pressure and arches may be +\- 1/2 mm which is potentially 4mm of that and then pressures too. If you measure underneath at a point where axle is to a point on the chassis that isn't a panel where it could be out as chassis should be 'true' unless in big crash and measure it. Also bounce on then corners to see how they return up to check shocks then go from there for bushes if you need to.

·
Senior Citizen
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for all the replies people , right I am going to have my tea the. I am out to investigate it. Doing my head in it is lol.

·
2,303 Posts
Should always measure from centre of wheel to the top of the arch to get the correct measurement and it should always be done on level ground doing it on a road will cause one side to appear higher due the the camber of the road

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
1,230 Posts
you just need a fat friend to sit in P seat.

Reactions: dazr32

·
Senior Citizen
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers James
i will check it properly at the weekend as I am banged out this week. currently stood outside like a tit trying to see shooting stars

1 - 11 of 11 Posts