VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, stay away. Absolute incompetent numpties who rip you off. Here is an email I have just sent them about my car's issue, which was part of their customer satisfaction survey.

Dear Beadles

I have recently had the issue with my car resolved by a third party, which I had originally brought to Beadles to be resolved (I work too often to be able to take my car off the road for very long) so I can now provide better feedback about my overall experience. Apologies for the time taken to correspond.

I originally brought my car to Beedles of Maidstone because it was suffering from a running issue. The car was idling rough, running rich, less responsive and down on power. This issues were highlighted by the car's Engine Management light, disabled Cruise Control and disabled Auxiliary Air Pump at startup. It was believed that these issues were caused by a failed Air Mass Sensor, however replacing that component did not resolve it. So I contacted Beadles to have it booked in for diagnosis and repair.

Firstly, the person I spoke to had absolutely no idea what I was talking about; it was if she had no idea how a car worked or what was actually under the bonnet, and in hindsight I should have asked to speak to a mechanic.

When my car was taken in, I left it at 8:00am, and spoke to the person taking the car about the issues. I also gave them some more detail about the car itself and its modifications that were fitted. I then left in the courtesy car to go to work.

At approximately 5:00pm, when I was home from work, I received a phone call from them. They informed me that the technicians had experienced a great deal of trouble trying to work on my car, and diagnose the faults. They said that they had spent the full amount of time diagnosing the entire car and carrying out health checks to find the fault, but were unable to complete the task due to my cars modifications. They said my car had an aftermarket air intake system, an aftermarket exhaust system, and an ECU remap. They claimed these modifications, as well as other "non-genuine VW parts" prevent them from continuing the diagnosis, as they could be causing the faults. In particular, part of the diagnosis involves carrying out a software update to the ECU, however due to the remap, this is not possible without erasing it. While this may be true, I find it downright ridiculous that performing the diagnostics had to be halted because of some minor modifications, most of which have no impact on what could cause the issue! Firstly, the Induction Kit or "aftermarket air intake" has caused no problems in the past for VW technicians when working on the car, so that should still be the case now. Secondly, the car has a STANDARD exhaust, which has simply been re-trimmed due to tarnishing - perhaps if the technicians had looked properly they would have realised this. Thirdly, a software update is completely unnecessary, as no other venue would need to carry this out. I don't care if it is company policy, I did not ask for it.

Lastly, I did tell them were the fault would likely reside, but the technicians did not test those components because for some silly reason they felt the need to check the rest of the car first. The fault codes even point to those areas!

It took this team of "technicians" an entire day to come to this pathetic conclusion, and then they had the cheek to charge me £60 for the privilege! I understand that I agreed to pay £60 for an hour's diagnosis, but that was not a diagnosis, and had I known it would be performed with such incompetence then I would have stayed well away!

I have since decided to take my business elsewhere and sought help from a more competent team of mechanics. Yesterday - 16/6/15 I dropped my car off at a different garage at 11:00am, having told them what was wrong with the car. Before I had even arrived home, they rang me to tell me they had identified the fault and could fix it that day. Turns out it was a break in the wiring loom from the Air Mass Sensor to the ECU - exactly where myself, and the fault codes would have suggested your technicians tested for faults. These guys had it re-wired in 2 hours and back on the road that afternoon!

I refuse to believe any work worth £60ph was carried out by beadles, and I want my money back. They can keep the £12 I paid to hire a courtesy car, but I demand the diagnostic fee be refunded. It was a complete waste of my time and money and I strongly recommend anybody who is looking for work on their car stay well away.

Thankyou for taking the time to read my feedback. I hope that it can be passed on to and read by the people that need to see it, and my concerns can be addressed.

Kind regards,

Oliver

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Good write up,

Most main dealers are the same they are not enthusiast garages any more

They are corporate businesses and the staff will be who ever takes the lowest wage gets the job ,

It's not about customer care it's about making money so therefore no care will be given to you .

Over the years I have seen this happen in most industries

Corporate robot wankers

·
Registered
551 Posts
JCB Ashford received a similar Email from me earlier when they wanted £600 to carry out a 20k service. Not a good showing from VW Kent.....

·
South East Organiser
6,827 Posts
JCB Ashford received a similar Email from me earlier when they wanted £600 to carry out a 20k service. Not a good showing from VW Kent.....
See i told you Kent id shit......
Thats ridiculous Oliver stupid bastards.

Reactions: bigmike2474
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.