VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
I'd check belt tensioner pulley first. If its the pump i think you can get them from most autofactors around £250 with about £65 cash back for the broken one....its not that hard to do....3 bolts....22 or 24mm spanner for the high pressure side banjo bolt (make sure you don't lose the o rings)...take the clip off the low pressure pipe and drain the fluid in to a clean container you can reuse....undo the 3 x allen bolts a little for the pulley while the belt is still tight....then wind the tensioner in with a long m6 bolt from memory until the belt is slack....undo the 3 allen bolts completely and take the pulley off and then undo the 3 bolts holding the pump on....reverse the process fitting the new one...put the fluid back in....when bleeding he system wind the steering full left to right 6-8 times until the pump quieten's down a little keep checking the fluid it might need a little more.

·
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheempeej said:
I'd check belt tensioner pulley first. If its the pump i think you can get them from most autofactors around £250 with about £65 cash back for the broken one....its not that hard to do....3 bolts....22 or 24mm spanner for the high pressure side banjo bolt (make sure you don't lose the o rings)...take the clip off the low pressure pipe and drain the fluid in to a clean container you can reuse....undo the 3 x allen bolts a little for the pulley while the belt is still tight....then wind the tensioner in with a long m6 bolt from memory until the belt is slack....undo the 3 allen bolts completely and take the pulley off and then undo the 3 bolts holding the pump on....reverse the process fitting the new one...put the fluid back in....when bleeding he system wind the steering full left to right 6-8 times until the pump quieten's down a little keep checking the fluid it might need a little more.
Yeh I read thAt With mine being charged am I right in thinking my charger belt runs things like the pump ?

·
4,420 Posts

·
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheempeej said:
I mean if you put your hand over the pulley and try and wobble it, is there any play in it. I doubt it's your pump as your mileage is quite low isn't it?
I haven't tried its in the garage.

So if I grab the belt and see if it moves ????

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.