VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this normal or does it just need proper alignment to pull things back in and tighten up?

Not really noticed it on any car before but just feels lighter than when it was standard?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha i dont think it is mate.

I've had coilovers and lowering springs on cars before and they have never felt like they have changed the steering except when cornering hard etc, but just driving it home it felt like it was looser to turn the wheel.

I will be getting the 4 wheel alignment done but just wondered if its anything other people have noticed, or im just being stupid!

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
Maybe what you are feeling is your car being more balanced? How many miles had your old springs done?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
33,000 mate.

Have to give it a proper run over the weekend and see what it feels like! Getting the 4 wheel alignment done next week!

·
19,404 Posts
You haven't put new tyres on the front or blown them up at the same time the springs were fitted, have you?

Could be the strut top bearing wasn't working correctly previously making it stiffer than it should have been was it replaced when newvsprings were fitted?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah both directions mate, just generally feels a bit looser so could be camber..

Bob, tyres are the same and not adjusted pressures they literally just done springs. Also they didnt renew top mounts as they were fine.

Thinking maybe just alignment is needed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.