VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

So i have two very small very fresh stone chips in the center of my bonnet
firstly i'm wondering what i can do best to seal them so it doesn't get any worse or the lacquer starts to peel.

Secondly though i'm curious as to how people protect against them, besides the obvious bonnet bra?

Cheers

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately they have chipped not just dented
probably going for a respray but i know that as soon as i do i'll get another chip knowing my luck so don't know whether to hold off until i get some more. but then i don't know if the risk of rust is increasing the longer i leave thewm exposed, which is why i asked about sealing them somehow?

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have heard of a clear protective film you can wrap your bonnet in that is supposed to protect against the little stones not sure of larger boulders though

Cant be sure were i seen or read this but im sure a company that does car bodywraps could point you in the right direction, surely cheaper than a re-spray too.
Sounds good to me mate might have a search.

Thanks for the other replies will check out the links, don't own a polisher currently but have been meaning to get one once funds permit, but saying that doing the work myself will save me the money. do i need a spray gun for paint application and lacquer too?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.