VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've had my R about a month now and it seems to making some strange exhaust sounds. There are 2 main noises which i think rnt right.

Firstly, more especially when it is cold, it makes a sort of spluttering noise when u put ur foot down. Secondly there is a metalic rattle when i lift off.

i dont really know what could be wrong? its under vw warranty so i can take it back...but i just wondered if ne1 knew what it could be?

Cheers, Chris!

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Chris,

Is the spluttering or rattle only happening when cold ?

My car when cold for a few minutes pops and burbles loudly on lift off, but after a few mins when it warms up its back to the normal pops and burbles which are a bit quieter.

·
3,732 Posts
they are burblers by nature my friend. you could always take a quick vid and post it on here for us to see if your really worried :top:

·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no the spluttering is constant (u can hear it very clearly when driving next to a wall etc) and the rattle is worse when it is cold, but is still there when it is warm. but its definatley not pops or burbles.

and yeh cheers, i rekon i will do a video and c wat u think.

·
1,432 Posts
Has it been regularly serviced? If it is coughing and spluttering it sounds like misfiring which could be the result of duff spark plugs or coil packs.

·
387 Posts
if its a 2003 - theres quite a few of us with metallic sounding rattly cats - defo worst from cold

goose

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
That sounds very familiar, passed the MOT ok tho

1 - 9 of 9 Posts