VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we allowed to talk about street racing on here? Some may think it boyracery or stupid but,, er.... I wana talk about it. I know some other forums ban it and some others have sections devoted to the subject. Just wondered what the stance is on here?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
716 Posts
never been a fan of that kind of thing, i think its very dangerous, putting lives at risk.. not that i one to point a finger or tut tut, i am not a sag-a-puss!!..:)

Just i have cut way to many young ppl out from their cars!, if you see what i mean!

:):)

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh, I agree, all out opposite side of the road antics are a bit dangerous, but everyone on here has had a bit of a burn up of sorts, Im sure of it, to a degree.
I just think its a good way of judging a cars performance.

·
4,328 Posts
As long as its safe to do i dont see the problem, ie you dont put others lives at risk.

I know in the past, well last summer, i was a little silly and got up to a large speed when having a play with a new m3 :) :) :) dont think he enjoyed it tho :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like to have a little play every now and then but avoid any kind of racing or showing off in any area with less than national speed limit.

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So are we alowd to talk about it? Mods?

·
1,243 Posts
i had a little play at the start of a motorway last night on my way home picking the R up with a F430, it was only me and him there and i wouldnt really call it racing as i was behind him when the motorway started. i just thought id see if i could keep upish

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
its your discretion, if you post up admiting to driving like a tool in a built up area while on your mobile phone and pissed, and take a video and put it on youtube etc then you wont get any praise from the members and if im approached by the authorities i will help them as much as possible.

However, if you have a video of you having a play down a nice country road, or somewhere safe, or maybe a drag race then i dont have a problem, if your going to post videos up, make sure you do it with no no. plates showing, etc etc. :D

·
572 Posts
Street racing!!!!!!........has this turned into a chavtoaster forum..........come on!!

·
4,328 Posts
I wouldnt call it street racing, more of a little fun with another car enthusiast. I think there is a big difference between people doing this in built up areas and those which assess the location, conditions, speed, car other car etc etc.

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wasnt really starting a thread asking for stories, altho theyr always good to hear, I was just asking for reference as other forums Iv been on delete any threads about racing etc.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
281 Posts
Really does depend on your view on whats "street racing"? IMO the chavs ripping it up with no concern for anything other than beatin some other muppet in a 1.2 paxo is gimpy street racing.

On the other hand I am sure many of us have belted away from a set of lights up to around the speed limit, providin we feel its safe etc, then eased off?

·
23 Posts
I like to get out and rip it up! Everyonce in a while but haven't done any "Street Racing" since I was in High School about 18 Years ago. I did blow some teens doors off in a souped up Ford Focus the other day then at the next red light he pulled up to me and tried to get me to go meet him and his racing buds later that night at 9:00PM, I guess for a shot at the local title.:D I told him thanks for the offer but I am either asleep by then or had to many beers in me to play.:tongue:

·
3,732 Posts
everyone puts their car through its paces from time to time, ive toyed with the odd integrale and m3 myself recently.

as long as its done under good judgement i cant see a problem, if its done merely to brag about dangerous driving then on your own head be it, forum posts can be used in prosecution cases

·
3,392 Posts
I always find that the people who try and race me are always in cars that have been driven through a halfords shop window or people in golf mk5 tdi's/gt's so i dont really bother. My girlfriend gets more people trying to race her in it than me........lol

The other day i came across this vid posted on youtube. I think it might make you think again............it all started as a bit of fun.

give it time to fully load up

·
23 Posts
That looked like what a car did in the on comming traffic lane as I was going to work last week. He was hauling butt and just lost control on what looked like clear road and slamed into the center divieder, steel cables, it went from what looked like 80MPH to 0 in about 1 second. I had to swerve into the other lane so he wouldn't hit me. I got to the gate and told the security guy to send someone preferably an ambulance to check it out. When I drove by at the end of the day the cables and about three pickets were trashed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts