VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Anyone here change the Subframe mounts/ Egnine and or transmission mounts?
Im having an issue with engine and gearbox,it seems to be a lot of engine rotation causing gearbox popping and jolting. From what i've read it seems like the OEM subframe mount is loose or worse.

Is this the cause to the annoying jerking feel or is it something worse in the gearbox?
The issue usually occurs at a stop>go point, also there is a popping sensation switching into 1st gear and changing into 2nd gear(sometimes).

·
1,230 Posts
you can buy an insert for the engine mount that stiffens it up, power flex make one. 1st gear is only for racing people away from traffic lights lol but i know what you mean, mine does it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can buy an insert for the engine mount that stiffens it up, power flex make one. 1st gear is only for racing people away from traffic lights lol but i know what you mean, mine does it.
Unfortunately i have the DSG version so it not like i have a choice in gear selection. The problem may be worse in DSG trans then manual, but the slop is extremely annoying at times, like its about to break my neck. I don't want to know how bad it will be when it starts to get colder.

·
1,230 Posts
try the power flex insert, makes a big difference.

Reactions: MaysEffect
1 - 4 of 4 Posts