VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never in my life have i heard two exhaust sound as goos as these!

I paid close to a grand for my quiksilver and this is miles miles better

·
344 Posts
Mines got a Supersprint system & Cat bypasses (fitted by the previous owner) & it does sound similar to those clips quite 'raspy' but please bear in mind they only sell the 'non-resonated' type for the Mk4 (its basically a straight thru from the de-cats to the tail box) and is loud, took me a while to get used to it but now i love it!

·
344 Posts

·
344 Posts
True just worked out thats about 2.75" which is bloody big when a lot of tuners happily fit 2.5" systems for FI!

i'd still like to hear one on full chat just once though!

·
4,328 Posts
2.5" is fine non fi, but keeping it that diameter will limit you really to around 350. If your going more then this you need to up the exhaust size, be it to 2.75 or 3" :)

·
344 Posts
hmm i'm only running Stage 1 / 6psi on my VF with no cooling at the mo but might have to investigate the 70mm system further when i go to Stage 2 next year!

·
4,328 Posts
Yeah i would as i had the milltek on (2.5") with my 450 break car and the exhaust was limiting it to around the 380 mark. When this was changed to the eip 3" the car made 410 easily on a lower boost setting (becuase of the bad eip mapping i didnt want to break anything). So the car made an extra 30 from going down from 17psi to 12 psi and enlarging the exhaust by .5", so it can really be seen the exhaust was holding back the car alot :( :( :(

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
sorry Alex i didnt realise you were FI.

Then as andrew has said, definitly should go bigger bore if your considering more power.

·
286 Posts
Wayne said:
70mm would only really be anygood for FI , as for NA you would lose too much back pressure.
Isn't blueflame 70mm straight-through?

·
344 Posts
no worries Wayne, all the info's very interesting as it sounds like an effective way of releasing more horses from the charger

·
344 Posts
pretty sure they are if you have a look at those 2 links i posted above a bit earlier in the thread, the Supersprint pics on their website of the boxes & other components have '304' printed on them T304 is one of the grades of stainless steel

mattr32 said:
Is a supersprint cat back exhaust fully stainless steel all the way through? They do sound good!

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
Here's a dyno of the full Header-back system (on a 3.2 A3). The gains are good but it's shockingly expensive. Cat-back is the sensible option imo (no data yet).

MKV Parts and $ prices here

1 - 20 of 27 Posts