VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen the announcements on the forum and wondered why I couldn't access it anymore from tapatalk, my primary way of viewing the forum.

Why has this been removed? Has the website owners now got into bed with another forum app provider so can no longer provide tapatalk?

Think its shocking that its just removed just like that without any prior warning (that I've seen anyway) and being forced to use another app and have to pay to remove adverts! I don't want to pay for another app when I have a perfectly good one already on my phone!

Maybe MoY can explain their actions a bit better than the announcements that have been provided?!?

Rant over!

·
Admin
9,271 Posts
I have sent Moy a message to ask him to come on to this thread so he can explain...I don't know the answer...sorry.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
I think it's because the site has an app called autoguide, this is in competition with tapatalk as there are hundreds of forums owned by this company/autoguide, they released their own free app and scrapped crapatalk

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
VR6Rich said:
My problem is that I wasn't given any notice, and I am being forced to pay for another app otherwise I have to put up with loads of adverts! Just not on.
Is autoguide not free? I've not looked.

If this was a paid forum I think they might listen to what we use. As its a free forum and they are providing a free app, I think we may not be heard

·
2,097 Posts
This is not really on. I agree with vr6rich, I have been trying to use the forum since late yesterday and couldn't connect. I have only just had a proper look on the main site to see that tapatalk has been axed, and I have to pay £1.99 for something I have never seen or herd of, or even know if its any good.
Just to clarify I'm not having a go at anyone that runs this forum because its clearly not your fault, this is solely for moly to read.

The only reason I use these apps is because its hard to navigate around the forum on safari on my phone, and I'm not a fan of the mobile version.

Cheers
Alex

·
2,097 Posts
Done and done! Another thing is, will this happen again another year down the line? And we will have to pay again for another crumby app? I know it's only £1.99 and its not the end of the world, and I'm still going to spend most of the day on this forum whatever happens. Still annoying.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'm with you guys - I only used Tapatalk to access the forum, as using through the web is not great on a tablet. Probably means I'll be on even less now

·
468 Posts
I agree with all of the above, this new app is terrible, tapatalk worked perfectly for me. I don't really want to pay for autoguide as its crap, I had a message from a user on here which i strangely still had an alert from tapatalk (but it wouldn't open) after that notification it took about another 20-30 minutes to show up on autoguide.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts