VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, after little help, I'm after purchasing r32 , been looking at jap imports, now I've seen a 08 import and owner says 265 road tax, which I've queried because 08 should be 630 , they inform me jap import falls into lower tax bracket and as such is 295 , can anyone confirm this as I've never heard it, many thanks

·
343 Posts
There are no high tax i.e. 600+ pa imports. But tbh if you're worried about the extra 20 quid a month tax, you are buying the wrong car. They can burn that in petrol or parts in minutes, the tax is a non issue when you compare values and future values. With the best will in the world an import will always have less value appreciation potential, which is the whole point of buying a low miler?

·
343 Posts
I had no intention to offend, but the difference between top import tax and top UK model tax is 94p a day. My point was, in terms of running costs it's a non issue, there will always be a difference in value equal or more to the value of tax between an import (whether deserved or not) and a UK model. What I'm trying to say is buy the right car, not the best tax rate car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts