VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Mk5 R32 over to the continent last week. 1st opportunity on a German autobahn with the new car....162mph on the clock but 238kph on the satnav which converts to about 147mph. Is that about the limit or has anybody squeezed a few more mph out of a stock R32?

It was a good trip for spotting though...chased by a Porsche 911 GT3 RS .... well OK I had to get out of his way at 160mph! Then on the road from Strasbourg to Paris was a new Ford GT40 being chased by a Maclaren SLR, then another GT40, Jag XK120, '60s Mustang fastback, Sunbeam Tiger.....obviously an event on somewhere. Oh and icing on the cake, a supplier I was visiting let me take his Maserati Quattroporte for a spin....it's in a different league!

Heading off to Dusseldorf again on Wednesday...anyone need a lift!!??

·
777 Posts
Back in 2001, my brother picked up his Boxster S in Germany and we drove it back via holland, on the ferry to england. He was nailing it on the autobahn, and hit about 160 mph on the speedo. We didnt see that many great cars to be honest, his seemed to be the best on our journey until in Holland we were taken out by a guy in a convertible red ferrari 360! sounds like you saw some very nice metal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts