VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just got my car terracleaned, which is the decarbonisation of the engine which has been on Wheeler Dealers a few times.

It has made a stark improvement on the motor making it more responsive and getting 20% better MPG on my daily commute.

I was charged £105 because of the size of engine but would recommend it to anyone looking to improve the MPG on their car.

Some Stats:

Daily commute 22 Miles there and back i was getting 21.2 - 21.5 MPG (sticking to the speed limits)

After the clean i was getting 24.6 - 25.3 MPG and have been for a week now and hopefully once the CPU settles and gathers better readings it will go up and then i can get it in for a blended remap.

Haz

·
361 Posts
Who does the terraclean?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are 2 version to the clean Diesel and Petrol, The diesel is more of a chemical de-carbonisation of the eninge which clears all the guff (lint if you ike) out of the engine.

The petrol is a bit more science like and is a proper clean of the engine and all, the guy i used is a great mechanic and sorted a lot of my running issues on the R32 when purchased.

If you like i can ask to see if i can get some sort of decent rate for R32OC cars as i have just sorted all his I.T out for him so got my at cheap

I would assume the CPU takes a few weeks to settle and get sorted similar to a re-map but its looking positive and for the coins its a no brainer really

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.